Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Specialist, Program Management
State College, PennsylvaniaJob ID SAS20220701-74847
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Program Management
Job Code: SAS20220701-74847
Job Location: State College, PA
Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion. Drives program execution in order to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, operating income, and free cash flow for new, continuing, or current programs. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, performance Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Works with engineering leads to establish milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocating resources or changing contractual specifications.
• Work is performed with general oversight
• May manage large projects or processes that are both inside and outside of immediate job area
• Typically responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees
• Typically responsible for managing complex projects at this level, involving delegation of work and review of work products
• Communicate within and outside of own function or business area and has responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.) when necessary
• Explain, interpret, and gain cooperation on policies, procedures, and practices
• Work closely with engineering leads to identify changes and their impact to the program
• Conduct and report re-planning as needed
• Work consists of making moderate to substantial improvement or enhancements to systems and processes to improve performance of job area
• Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are complex and may require comprehensive information gathering, analysis and investigation to understand the problem; Problems typically involve consideration of multiple issues, job areas or specialties; Problems are generally solved through creative solutions, drawing from prior experience and in-depth analysis of issues
• Implement strategic goals established by leadership
• Establish operational plans for job area with short-term impact on results (e.g., less than 1 year)
• Provide input into new products, processes, standards and/or operational plans that will have measurable impact on the achievement of overall function or business results
• Direct interaction with program customers at various level
• Generation of manpower, cost and schedule reports pertaining to the health of a program
• Develop periodic EAC/ETC analysis to determine the health of programs; drafting re-baseline requirements as needed
• Produce reports/metrics and facilitates multi-functional team reviews including PMRs and similar venues
• Lead and/or actively participate in e3 and other continuous improvement events that lower costs, increase value, and shorten lead times through the reduction of process waste
• Active Secret Clearance
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience; Or, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
• Proven interaction experience with customers at various levels
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Projects
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Experience working on government contracts, US Navy in particular
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.