Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Software Engineer
St. Petersburg, FloridaJob ID IMS20222104-81109
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Software Engineer
Job ID: IMS20222104-81109
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL or Remote
At L3Harris Flight Data Services, we provide an outsourced Flight Data Monitoring service to aircraft operators worldwide. It is important to deliver insights to customers in a presentable and timely manner, enabling them to take action to reduce costs and improve safety to save lives.
L3Harris Flight Data Services has the largest flight data monitoring platform in the world; the R&D team supports & develops capabilities and ad-hoc analysis for this platform. We care deeply about aviation safety; our work reflects our passion for this, and we expect the same from you. We work with customers to improve their safety operations with insights and analysis capability.
As a Specialist, Software Engineer, you will undertake software development tasks, prioritise tasks in line with our strategy, and deliver safety solutions on-time to our customers. You will foster innovation while working in a high-performance agile team that delivers value. You will communicate and work closely with team members ensuring code quality, design fidelity and expertise is shared.
- Interface with key clients that have software development requirements.
- Design, test and develop new features from internal and external customer requests, including acceptance criteria and constraints in accordance to the software development style and quality guidelines.
- Maintain and improve internal and external software systems and applications.
- Participate in code review of own and other developer’s code in accordance with code review guidelines.
- Manage workload of jobs using JIRA task management tools.
- Apply agile software development and test-driven development methods to software development activities.
- Provide internal and external training of internally developed software systems.
- Ensure software releases are to plan, achieve acceptable quality, and follow the release procedures.
- Maintain quality processes and technical product documentation.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
- Design and update software databases. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces.
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Independently install, customize, and integrate commercial software packages.
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues.
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Resolve complex technical design issues.
- Development of technical specifications and plans.
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges.
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues.
- Compile timely, comprehensive, and accurate documentation and or reports as requested.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Python / NumPy / Pandas / C
- Django / Flask / Celery / RabbitMQ
- Linux / Docker / Kubernetes
- AWS & Azure
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Requires minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- A mature, proactive, and responsible approach to work, with initiative and problem-solving capability.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Python programming experience.
- Expertise in at least one Python framework, such as Django or Flask.
- An understanding of databases and SQL.
- Use of Git or similar version control systems.
- Working within Docker / Kubernetes environments.
- Use of Python libraries such as NumPy and Pandas.
- Experience with cloud technologies.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $75,000.00 - $139,000.00. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreement
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.