Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Software Engineer - Frontend-Data Analytics
St. Petersburg, FloridaJob ID IMS20221310-91951
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Software Engineer - Frontend - Data Analytics
Job ID: IMS20221310-91951
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL
L3Harris Flight Data Services (FDS) provide an outsourced Flight Data Monitoring service to aircraft operators worldwide and through our flight data processing and analytics software we ensure that our customers achieve an improvement in flight safety and cost of operations.
We have projects to develop new safety services for our pilot training products. This includes deploying our additional cloud based capabilities as part of a Big Data platform.
We are building a cloud platform which collates data from Simulators, Instructors, Black Box Flight Data Recorders and Training Assessments and utilises Data Science techniques and Machine Learning models to extract key insights which will help users better identify root cause issues and Pilots in understanding their performance.
As a Proof of Concept Software Developer, you will work on creative solutions to ML and data rich problems. You will build applications to demonstrate value and novel experiences and interactions. Your work will be varied, and may explore possibilities with VR / Machine Vision and advanced analytics.
- Work with the data science team to produce proof of concepts and demos
- Make use of frameworks like Fastapi and Flask to rapid prototype
- Interface with distributed systems and data sources.
- Set up cloud services and tech for PoC
- Engineer and maintain data ETL pipelines
- Development of technical specifications and plans.
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges.
- Compile timely, comprehensive, and accurate documentation and or reports as requested.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
Technical knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Minimum 2 years professional Python programming experience is a must
- Ability to produce PoC in at least one Python framework, such as Django or Flask.
- React or other front end frameworks are advantageous
- An understanding of databases and SQL.
- Use of Git or similar version control systems.
- Working within Docker / Kubernetes environments.
- Use of Python libraries such as NumPy and Pandas.
- Experience with cloud technologies.
- A mature, proactive, and responsible approach to work, with initiative and problem-solving capability
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment
- Quick to pick up abstract concepts and contextualise them in digital form
- Ability to work off loose briefs and produce creative solutions
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Science or Engineering, or a related field- preferred but not essential
- Python / NumPy / Pandas
- Matplotlib, Plotly, Streamlit
- Django / Flask
- Postgres/ Clickhouse
- Linux / Docker / Kubernetes / Helm
- AWS & Azure
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.