Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Cloud Dev Ops
St. Petersburg, FloridaJob ID IMS20222104-81102
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Cloud DevOps
Job ID: IMS20222104-81102
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL or Remote
At L3Harris Flight Data Services, we provide an outsourced Flight Data Monitoring service to aircraft operators worldwide. It is important to deliver insights to customers in a presentable and timely manner, enabling them to take action to reduce costs and improve safety to save lives.
L3Harris Flight Data Services has the largest flight data monitoring platform in the world; the R&D team supports & develops capabilities and ad-hoc analysis for this platform. We care deeply about aviation safety; our work reflects our passion for this, and we expect the same from you. We work with customers to improve their safety operations with insights and analysis capability.
As a Cloud DevOps, you will play a key role in driving the architecture and development of our systems architecture as we transition into the Cloud, using open source technologies such as Python, Apache and Docker.
You will ensure the continual deployment and availability of platforms that support IT Ops, Research and Development and, most importantly, the end users of the services that we provide.
- To work with the different teams to bring in a DevOps culture.
- To coach and mentor in DevOps tools and principles.
- Liaise with your technology peers across development and data science to provide a cross-functional suite of services.
- Drive infrastructure automation of everything manual using scripting tools including Ansible, Python, Bash and Git.
- Build, deploy, manage, and maintain systems on private and public cloud services.
- Drive application deployment from broad systems to micro-service provisioning.
- Maintain quality documentation of infrastructure and escalation procedures.
- Build, maintain and deploy “Infrastructure as Code” using tools such as Ansible, Jenkins and Docker.
- Undertake continued professional development to keep up to date with the latest technologies.
- Recommend applicable new Big Data approaches.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Python / NumPy / Pandas / C
- Django / Flask / Celery / RabbitMQ
- Linux / Docker / Kubernetes
- Puppet / Ansible
- AWS & Azure
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience Excellent knowledge of Linux operating systems like Ubuntu, Debian and Centos.
- Expertise in scripting languages like shell scripting, Python or Ruby to automate operational tasks.
- Good understanding of “Infrastructure as Code” tools like Puppet or Ansible.
- Expertise in CI tools including Jenkins with end to end knowledge of Jenkins administration and configuration, including building Jenkins pipelines.
- Good understanding in container technology using Docker, Docker-Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Good understanding of Git and its branching and merging strategies.
- Good understanding of logging and monitoring solutions using the ELK stack.
- Working knowledge of load balancers such as Nginx and HAProxy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills, are essential.
- Good understanding of collaborative tools like JIRA.
- Working knowledge of databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Working knowledge of testing tools and strategies.
- Working collaboratively across departments.
- Cloud experience in AWS or Azure.
- Experience of decomposing a broad application stack to a micro-service based container model.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.