Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Scientist, Network Plan Engineer TS/SCI - Springfield, VA
Springfield, VirginiaJob ID SAS20232009-106283
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Scientist, Network Engineer
Job Code: SAS20230805-100504
Job Location: Springfield, VA
Responsible for managing its computer network infrastructure. One of the primary roles is designing and implementing the network architecture, which includes Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN), Virtual Private Networks (VPN), and other related technologies. Design an infrastructure that supports requirements given. Develop and implement security policies, procedures, and technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, and VPNs. Stay up to date with the latest threats and vulnerabilities and implement measures to mitigate these risks. Diagnosing and resolving network issues. Configure, test, and maintain network hardware, software, and peripheral devices, ensuring that the network is running efficiently and effectively. If issues arise, troubleshoot and diagnose the problem and implement measures to resolve the issue quickly. Monitors and optimizes network performance, including bandwidth utilization, throughput, and latency. Use tools and metrics to identify areas of the network that are underperforming and implement measures to optimize performance. Ensuring the network is running at its optimal level, they enable the organization to achieve its business objectives. Documenting network topology, configurations, procedures, and policies. Maintain accurate records for all network components, including network diagrams, IP addresses, and device configurations. Evaluates new network technologies, tools, and products to ensure that the organization stays current with the latest advancements in network engineering.
- Years of network engineering experience with IP networks.
- Evaluate technologies and designs in relation to the critical infrastructure and service needs for external customers.
- Experience in configuring & hardening routers, switches, firewalls.
- Implement solutions that support customer visions and objectives.
- Participate in inter-program initiatives and discussions to resolve technical challenges.
- Create and maintain documentation and training for engineering and NOC teams.
- Experience with leading network vendors such as Cisco, Juniper.
- Experience implementing and managing carrier grade network and network technologies such as Carrier Ethernet technologies.
- Experience in the configuration and implementation of Type-1 encryption used in encryption of data in transit (KG family of encryptors).
- Experience in VMWare virtual networking.
- In depth implementation and troubleshooting experience of IP networks.
- Knowledge of IP technologies such as Netflow, TCP and UDP signaling, IS-IS, OSPFv2, OSPFv3, iBGP, eBGP, MPLS Layer 3 VPNs, Pseudowire, Ethernet switching, and EXU messaging.
- Define and implement best practices for network and capacity management.
- Identify areas of opportunity for automation and network optimization.
- Routinely perform proof of concepts and service trials while documenting system integration.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to think critically in high pressure environments.
- Travel as required for integration and test efforts (up to 10%).
- Work is 100% at customer site.
- Support critical operations during standard and occasional non-standard working hours
- CCNP or equivalent vendor certification.
- Education:Top Secret / SCI security clearance with Counterintelligence Polygraph required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 12 years of prior relevant experience, or
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
- In lieu of a degree, minimum of 16 years of prior related experience.
- DOD 8570.01M IAT 2 certification. (CCNA Security CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Expertise in network virtualization and software-defined networking (SDN)
- Experience with ThinkLogical KVM extenders
- Familiarity with cloud environment, hybrid cloud network and automation.
- Familiarization with HP Aruba network switches is strongly preferred.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 3 certification (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, or GCIH).
- Ability to plan, implement, verify and troubleshoot local and wide-area enterprise networks.
- Strong enterprise network troubleshooting (Multicast, Layer 2, Cisco IOS(s), IP routing [BGP, ISIS, OSPF, and EIGRP], HSRP and physical layer issues (Ethernet, Optical, TDM)).
- Experience with Agile development processes.
- Strong skill set with Microsoft Office software applications
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.