Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
SAS20232605-101297 Specialist, Systems Administration TS/SCI W/POLY-Springfield, VA
Springfield, VirginiaJob ID SAS20232605-101297
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Systems Administration
Job Code: SAS20232605-101297
Job Location: Springfield, VA
Responsible for administering, maintaining, and managing capacity resources for computers at the operating system and infrastructure level. The role involves building, configuring, troubleshooting, and integrating new and existing servers to provide service enhancements, application deployments, and infrastructure upgrades. Set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, tune system performance, database management, install system-wide software, and allocate mass storage space. Recommend software and hardware enhancements, diagnose and correct issues, and define and implement new services to ensure maximum server uptime and availability for customers. Monitoring system usage and performance is also a key responsibility, along with contributing towards the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), backup systems, and disk configurations. Additionally, the individual should conduct system analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies.
• 4-6 years of experience with Red Hat Linux Administration or Engineering, 2-4 years of experience with Windows Administration or Engineering
• Configure, monitor, maintain, troubleshoot VMWare and/or other virtualization technologies
• Experience in VM life-cycle management (snapshots)
• System configuration experience with Enterprise Identity Management tools (LDAP, IPA, Active Directory, etc.
• Experience with Cross-Domain Systems (CDS), Multi-Level Security (MLS), Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
• Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for multiple independent systems, ensuring the operational availability of IT systems by providing hardware and software support.
• Implement approved Information Assurance (IA) Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) and IA vulnerability Bulletins IAVB) patches and maintain and update IA and Assessment and Authorization Documentation and certification systems to ICD 503 standards.
• Support security relevant tasks for IT systems and test, verify, distribute, and document configuration changes to IT systems.
• Address and detect issues that impact projects and implement/develop courses of action (COAs) to mitigate or alleviate the impact to projects.
• Possess experience in implementing patches, scanning, remediating findings, and auditing to ensure system security.
• Have effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to think critically in high-pressure environments.
• Ability to travel up to 10%
• Work 100% at the customer site.
• Support critical operations during standard and occasional non-standard working hours
o Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience, or
o Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
o In lieu of a degree, minimum of 8 years of prior related experience.
• Top Secret / SCI security clearance with Counterintelligence polygraph required.
• DOD 8570.01M IAT 2 certification. (CCNA Security CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
Preferred Additional Skills:
• DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 3 certification (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, or GCIH).
• Experience with construction and configuration of data Cloud environments such as AWS or GovCloud using government software
• System configuration experience with SANs
• Working knowledge of RMF and cybersecurity requirements
• Working knowledge of Zero Trust Architecture (ZTA)
• Knowledge of IronDrive technologies
• Previous experience supporting DoD/government customers
• Hardware/software requirement verification/system validation experience
• Demonstrated ability to work and grow in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Experience with CM tools
• Establish and maintain up-to-date cybersecurity configurations based on DISA STIGs
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.