Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
(DoD SkillBridge) Senior Specialist Systems Engineering -- (Orbital Analyst)
Springfield, VirginiaJob ID SAS20230308-104333
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: (DoD SkillBridge) Senior Specialist, System Engineer – Orbital Analyst
Job Code: SAS20230308-104333
Job Location: Springfield, VA
***** This position is open to U.S. military members currently serving on active duty*****
L3Harris’ DoD SkillBridge/Career Skills Program is connecting transitioning service members to career training opportunities within our organization. We will provide service members with valuable civilian work experience through industry specific training, certifications and on the job experience during their DoD Skillbridge/Career Skills Program to help them ready themselves for their next mission.
L3Harris aims to attract and retain veteran talent and to help bridge the gap between their military service and civilian careers within our organization. L3Harris is eager to share to our knowledge and experience with our service members.
- L3Harris Technologies currently has an opening for an Orbital Analyst at Schriever SFB, CO supporting a program. The Analyst will be member of a dynamic team supporting cutting edge systems for the space industry and will support satellite space operation activities. The Orbit Analyst will perform orbit determination and utilize analytical tools to for ephemeris generation, calculate orbit trajectories, and maneuvers.
- Provide Orbit Analyst support and expertise to satellite operations
- Generate TLEs, satellite acquisition tables, RFI data
- Provide custom orbit products to facilitate mission planning
- Perform orbit determination, ephemeris generation and orbital position estimates
- Plan and execute satellite maneuvers as required
- Assist in development of Orbit Analyst checklist and procedures as required
- Support programs by creating models, simulations, and analysis tools to real-time satellite operations
- Support Launch and Early Orbit checkout and anomaly resolution teams as required
- Attend and support daily operation briefings and readiness reviews
- Active Top Secret Clearance w/ Poly
- Requires strong knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical/engineering discipline and minimum 4+ years of satellite orbital analysis experience
- Knowledge of ephemeris and orbit determination
- Experience in working in satellite operations environment
- Basic experience with software languages for limited script writing, models, simulations, and data transfers
- Proficiency in satellite simulation software (STK, MATLAB, Freeflyer, etc.)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in supporting orbit modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Experience in ephemeris generation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.