Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Solution Architect (L4) Somerville-MA
Somerville, MassachusettsJob ID IMS20222806-85320
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Solutions Architect (Systems Engineer)
Job Code: SYP4
Job Location: Somerville, MA
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to join our L3Harris Open Water Power team. Responsibilities will broadly include requirements definition, decomposition, refinement, and prioritization; system design, architecting, analysis, integration, testing, documentation, and configuration management of work products. This will involve being creative and innovative to debug integration and test issues you will encounter. Your contributions will also impact other projects in the portfolio. Interactions with our customers and their representatives may be involved. You will be part of a great team that will be fast-moving, always interested in the best technical solution, and always open to new ideas that make the products better for our customer.
- Working closely with the Engineering teams to lead ideation and execution of solution architecture.
- Serve as technical lead for internal and external programs.
- Working with (or as) program technical lead to define, decompose, and prioritize system requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Communicating results to the engineering team, company, and customers.
- Performing root cause analysis and corrective action based on fundamental science.
- Component level and system level architecture definition.
- Developing, authoring, and implementing system test plan.
- Providing systems technical support for IRAD projects.
- Supporting proposal writing and costing for customers.
- Configuration management
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Hybrid work is possible
- Travel may be required (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related STEM field.
- Minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience (or 4+ years related experience and post-grad degree)
- Ability to work independently or in small teams
- Experience developing, authoring, and implementing system test plans.
- Effective oral and written communication, as well as excellent listening skills.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment
- Candidate must be a US citizen or green card holder
Preferred Additional Skills
- Experience with electrochemistry
- Experience leading small groups of systems engineers is a plus.
- Experience collaborating and integrating with customers, primes, and other partner organizations.
- Prior proposal writing and costing experience is a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.