Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Simi Valley, CaliforniaJob ID AS20211511-72681
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Test Engineer
Job ID: AS20211511-72681
Job Location: Simi Valley, CA
Responsible for the smooth flow of company products through the department. Ensures that products meet test specifications and that testing is completed within schedules and budgets.
- Evaluates, test, and recommends test equipment for use in the production test department.
- Develops and automates existing equipment tests.
- Provides technical assistance and training to production technicians.
- Assist engineering department in updating test procedures.
- Assists in establishing departmental software needs.
- Prepare labor, material and equipment cost estimates for bids and proposals.
- Evaluates and recommends test fixtures.
- May be responsible for training of subordinate employees in the area of environmental health and safety (EH&S) matters where appropriate.
- May provide supervision to non-exempt employees.
- Environmental test of microwave devices and systems utilizing a variety of test equipment in accordance with an approved test plan.
- Document set-up and results of such testing and maintain files.
- Design, build, maintain, and calibrate test equipment and fix¬tures from blueprints, schematics, and/or verbal instructions.
- Identify and isolate product malfunctions and take corrective action involving original and creative thinking. Make modifications to existing products to achieve improved per-formance.
- Participate with other members of the department in the development, preparation, or critique of test plans, test fixtures, equipment/devices set-up, and data acquisition/recording.
- Maintain a laboratory logbook and orderly facility.
- Occasionally work on live electrical/mechanical equipment and/or lockout/tagout equipment up to 3-phase, 500 volts AC.
- Modify, repair, service, and test high voltage, microwave, hydraulic, pneumatic, refrigeration, and automated systems.
- Operate overhead hoist/trolley and various lifting devices.
- Use of chemical testing kits and compressed non-toxic gases.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of related experience, or equivalent education and experience.
- Theoretical knowledge of digital and analog electronics and production testing experience required.
- Must understand production scheduling.
- Must have excellent understanding of analog and digital devices and their application in circuit design.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Lab-View and Matlab is desired.
- Qualified candidates will possess microwave electronics experience. Additionally, experience needed with closed loop servo control theory of operation with practical experience and microprocessor based control system theory.
- Some RF experience with spectrum analyzers, signal generators, power meters, oscilloscopes, DVM's and programmers.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform