Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Specialist, Software Engineer
Simi Valley, CaliforniaJob ID AS20210607-64175
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Specialist, Software Engineering
Job Code: AS20210607-64175
Job Location: Simi Valley, CA
Adapts and develops software for the command and control of satellite tracking antennas.
- This position reports to Manager of Software Engineering.
- Participates in Design and Code Reviews.
- Assists in the test and integration of the final products, as well as helps in troubleshooting issues with systems in operation.
- Assists in the preparation and writing of proposals and manuals.
- With assistance from the various engineering disciplines, is responsible for preparing technical presentations for both internal reviews and customer reviews.
- Provide technical direction and project coordination for the efforts of lower level software engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related field and a minimum of four (4) years of related experience with real time operating systems and embedded software is required, or the equivalent combination of education and experience thereof.
- Must have experience to understand electronic design at the register level along with the ability to develop, test, and document embedded software projects independently.
- Must be fluent in C/C++ language both in the abstract and at the hardware level (5 years minimum). Understanding and experience with OOP design and implementation. Familiarity with Design Patterns in general is required.
- Must have experience with Linux development (3 years minimum, with strong preference for Red Hat and/or CentOS).
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate information effectively to both internal and external customers, managers, and technical staff is required.
- Must have experience with software development lifecycle from requirements stage to delivery and maintenance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Good experience and understanding with using and modifying of Makefiles is preferred.
- Experience with various developing for and/or troubleshooting peripheral interfaces such as Serial RS-232/422/485, TCP/UDP/Ethernet, EtherCAT, CanOpen, I2C, USB is preferred.
- Basic experience with motion control is preferred.
- Basic experience with Software Information Assurance, NIST 800-53, RMF, Nessus, and DoD STIGs is preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform