Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Systems Engineer
Simi Valley, CaliforniaJob ID AS20213010-71865
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Job ID: AS20213010-71865
Job Location: Simi Valley, CA
This position is contingent on contract award anticipated in January 2022.
The Deep Space Advanced Radar Concept (DARC) project started by the US Air Force in 2017 is a network of sensors, which is planned to be developed to track active satellites and debris beyond geostationary orbit. L3Harris has submitted a proposal to complete all work including program management, antenna & radar front end development, test, and supporting integration and system-level test activity requirements for Deep Space Advanced Radar Capability (DARC) Rapid Prototype (RP) as implemented by the Space and Missile Systems Center, Directorate of Special Programs, Ground Based Radars (SMC/SPGR) division. The scope of effort for this contract includes the design, procurement, manufacture, integration, and test of antenna systems/subsystems at our facility. This multi year contract will include future field installation and support internationally.
Job Description: Responsible for coordinating and monitoring system level design and project support of a variety of L3Harris Datron antenna products.
- Reviews project specifications, generates sub-system requirements, assists in creating component specifications, collects and coordinates engineering department inputs for reviews, and monitors progress of system design.
- Performs system-level analyses, determines necessary trade studies, defines, and allocates the functional requirements to the subsystem engineering staff.
- Responsible for defining the user interface and control requirements, as well as defining the subassembly interfaces.
- Assists in determining the needs for hardware and software development and reuse.
- Monitors project requirements verification and cross references to test documentation.
- Assists with the development of test plans and procedures.
- With assistance from the various engineering disciplines, is responsible for preparing technical presentations for both internal reviews and customer reviews.
- Serves as the central technical interface with the customer.
- Provides technical support to the Business Development department during proposal and costing activities.
- Interprets and analyzes customer documents and needs, defines the system-level architecture, and allocates subsystem requirements.
- Oversees creation of product manuals and data sheets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in the design and analysis of RF and microwave systems, ground-based satellite communication systems, electromechanical systems, and servo theory is required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in real-time system programming and algorithm development is desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, STK and AutoCAD LT is desired
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform