Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Supplier Quality Engineer Senior Specialist
Santa Rosa, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20232505-101264
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Supplier Quality Engineering Senior Specialist
Job ID: SAS20232505-101264
Job Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Job Description: Supplier Quality Engineer joining our Santa Rosa team focusing on vendor issues, such as contractual quality flow downs, supplier selection, engineering change processing at vendors, working with Purchasing Department to resolve Receiving Inspection issues and other duties as assigned. Provides support to the Material Review Board (MRB), Failure Review Board (FRB) as related to the Supply Base, Change Control Board (CCB), manufacturing, inspection planning, and the Company’s AS9100 Quality Management System. Some travel to suppliers may be required in support of Supplier Development, Issue Resolution, Supplier Audits, Improvement Initiatives, etc.
L3Harris Sonoma EO is a team of visionaries located in Santa Rosa, CA (the heart of wine country, 75 miles north of San Francisco) is dedicated to recruiting and developing leaders to join our diverse and dynamic team who develop advanced, next-generation Electro Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) stabilized imaging systems. We offer a robust total rewards package, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, career development and recognition programs. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Supply Chain Support
- Assist in the qualification process of new suppliers
- Use supplier quality metrics to manage supply base quality and target areas for improvement
- Support commodity strategies and sourcing initiatives
- Strategic Supplier Selection to optimize risk mitigations
- Lead issue resolution supporting Receiving Inspection, working with Purchasing and the affiliated Supplier(s)
Supplier Quality Engineering
- Manage contract quality requirement planning, flow downs, and related inspection planning
- Provide Quality Engineering support to Engineering Design, Manufacturing, & Test groups
- Facilitate or Lead root cause and/or failure analysis using 8D or similar methodologies
- Support company-wide continuous improvement opportunities and initiatives
- Able to interface well at multiple levels within L3Harris Sonoma
Support of Company’s AS9100 QMS
- Investigate trends guided by Quality data, interfacing with Manufacturing Engineering as needed
- Update quality processes for continuous improvement
- Develop, revise, and implement internal procedures in support of company’s AS9100 system
- Support outside registrar activities including surveillance and registration audits, as required
- Support the development, calculation, and corrective action plans for Operational Excellence metrics
Support for Divisional Initiatives, As Required
- Participate in Kaizen events
- Lead team member for FOD, 5S, and/or ESD, or other WSO initiatives
- Lead or participate in quality improvement teams
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a technical discipline (STEM Degree) and a minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 10 yrs of prior related experience.
- Strong Manufacturing background required
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Excel, including the ability to chart data to provide summary information to management and core team members
- Experience interfacing with Vendors, being mindful of contractual obligations
- U.S. Citzen with the ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance
- Willingness to travel up to 35%
- Experience in Aerospace Manufacturing highly desirable
- Knowledge of AS9100 standard and practices; AS9102 & AS6500 are a plus
- Knowledge of military specifications and industry standards
- Knowledge of basic statistical tools and techniques
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt, such as ASQ Certifications: CSSGB or CSSBB
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Quality Auditor (CQA), or Supplier Quality Professional (SQP)
- Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5 - Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Able to work independently
- Able to manage and minimize conflict, quickly understand the issues, and develop effective solutions
- Able to take initiative to assist others
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $90,500-$168,500. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.