Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Specialist, Supplier Quality Engineer
Santa Rosa, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20220706-83575
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Job Location: Santa Rosa CA (Onsite)
About Sonoma EO
L3Harris Sonoma EO, located in Santa Rosa, CA is an established pioneer in military/defense infrared technology. A leader in high technology and engineering services, L3Harris Sonoma EO is world renowned for its expertise in the areas of Electro Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) stabilized imaging systems. As a first-rank engineering and production company, L3Harris Sonoma EO is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment that is used in a variety of product areas for government, civil and commercial applications. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals. This position will telecommute.
Supplier Quality Engineer Overview
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is the supply chain specialist responsible for developing suppliers, assessing supplier quality, and ensuring supplier corrective action is performed as necessary. The SQE investigates, analyzes, and resolves supplier quality issues by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement activities. This role is responsible for supplier quality of the Sonoma EO site, part of the Agile Development Group (ADG) of L3Harris. The SQE role requires travel based on business needs (30-50%).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement ADG Segment policies, procedures and standards for Supplier Management that drive a preventive, zero defect culture of quality, supplier excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Utilize Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), SPC, Predictive Quality methodologies, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Gage R&R, Six Sigma and Lean Concepts to drive supplier improvements.
- Collaborate with supply chain to support G2G initiatives
- Assess and audit new and existing supplier capabilities and ensure suppliers meet L3Harris and customer requirements.
- Collaborate with supply chain to maintain the approved supplier list
- Generate reports and analyze supplier performance data, the impact to site KPI’s (Supplier OTD, Supplier DPPM, etc.) and drive actions to improve those KPI’s.
- Review flow down of Program Quality requirements and ensure that they are included in the requirement documents to suppliers.
- Develop and maintain incoming inspection criteria. Review and coordinate disposition of nonconforming material associated with Incoming Inspection and supplier driven defects in manufacturing operations
- Lead RCCA activities for supplier responsible customer escapes.
- Initiate and drive supplier corrective action requests (SCAR’s). Train suppliers as required and ensure effective containment plans are defined and implemented, that the that root cause corrective action (RCCA) is robust and effectively implemented in the timeframe required.
- Review and disposition First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs) and ensure that product meets factory, customer, and program requirements.
- Participate (as required) in CCB and MRB activities
- All other assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Quality, or Science discipline from an accredited university.
- 5+ years of experience in Supplier Quality engineering
- Experience in operations, supply chain, and manufacturing systems
- Strong understanding of AS9100/ISO9001 quality systems
- Process surveillance and audit experience required
- Proven problem-solving experience – RCCA and Preventive Action
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to travel up to 50%
- Lean Manufacturing
- Six Sigma training and certification
- APQP, SPC, FMEA, Control Plan, Measurement System Analysis (MSA) and PPAP experience
- Experience in electro-optics, optics, coatings, high precision machining
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Understanding of GD&T – Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.