Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Software Engineer
Santa Rosa, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20232601-96288
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Software Engineer
Job ID: SAS20232601-96288
Job Location: Santa Rosa, CA
We are looking for a dynamic software engineer to specialize in a broad range of development activities from embedded software to application level software for our sensor systems.
Experienced professional with proficient knowledge of software development and practical knowledge of project management. May lead projects with general supervision.
Work consists of making moderate enhancements or improvements to systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area. Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are general, and may require understanding of broader set of issues but typically are not complex. Problems are typically solved by drawing from prior experiences, with analysis of the issues.
Communicates with contacts within and outside of own department and may occasionally have responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.). Explains and interprets processes and procedures to others within and outside the job area. May work to justify and gain cooperation regarding processes, practices and procedures
Specific performance examples of these core behaviors are:
- Perform debugging and unit testing of software products
- Analyze, develop and recommend design approaches to meet requirements of complex systems
- Conduct independent technical investigations of considerable complexity to improve system performance or solve difficult system requirements issues
- Coordinate with other functional engineers to develop and test products and resolve compatibility and interface problems with other subsystems
- Interface with other departments to participate in specification, design, code, and test reviews
- Follows and contributes to improvement of the software development process
- Provide timely production support and problem resolution
- Produce timely status reports and projections
- Prioritize and manages multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Review literature and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects
- Evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
Basic Qualifications & Education:
- Requires knowledge of software development typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance
- Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are standard
- Experience with IDE’s (MS Visual Studio, VS Code, Eclipse, etc.)
- Experience or awareness of Open Standards (MISB, OMS, XML Schema, etc.)
- Software development in various OS environments (Windows, Linux, QNX, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Creative, open-minded, a good communicator, and a good listener
- Ability to communicate clearly (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to logically address, analyze, and resolve problems.
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Understanding of defense based product environments and platforms
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking abilities with the ability to resolve conflicting priorities
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $88,000-164,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.