Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Santa Rosa, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20221805-82614
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Facilities
Job Code: IMS20221805-82614
Job Location:Santa Rosa, CA (onsite)
L3Harris Sonoma EO is looking for an Facilities Specialist for our Santa Rosa site. The team member plans, coordinates, and implements facility projects and prepares for/participates in facilities audits. We are looking for an experienced team member who is hands on, meticulous at task management and execution, can focus on problem identification and capable of independently defining and implementing relevant solutions. Easily adapts to changing environments and multiple competing demands, is comfortable working as an individual or in a group.
Sonoma EO is an established pioneer in military/defense infrared technology. A leader in high technology and engineering services, L3Harris Sonoma EO is world renowned for its expertise in the areas of Electro Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) stabilized imaging systems. As a first-rank engineering and production company, L3Harris Sonoma EO is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment that is used in a variety of product areas for government, civil and commercial applications. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans facilities projects (including but not limited to furniture installations, internal renovations, new construction) and coordinates all resources in order to accomplish goals based on project timelines, budget projected costs, established quality and code standards.
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders; develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Reports and communicates weekly project milestones and budget updates to the Facilities Manager.
- Collaborates with user groups, designers, contractors, Finance and Procurement to define, document, and manage requirements through budget and internal procurement process.
- Oversees multiple medium and small projects and collaborates with various contactors to support the business needs.
- Responsible for all aspects of facility and equipment project work, including:
- Identifying vendors and contractors.
- Reconfiguring offices and cubicles.
- Maintaining and monitoring mechanical and electrical systems and ensuring all preventive maintenance actions are taken.
- Providing back up for onsite security, including overseeing repairs, making badges and changing access permissions.
- Primary responder on the on-call list for any after hour or weekend needs at the facility. (Security, power, air and any other facilities-related equipment).
- Maintains corporate facility standards in daily operations as well as project management.
- Works with external space planners to ensure corporate space needs are kept current.
- Coordinates internal staff moves, both large and small.
- Maintains master workspace seating plans for assigned locations.
- Maintains building drawings to ensure current versions are available to all staff.
- Prepares and participates in annual corporate Facilities audit and provides support documentation for any other required corporate or third party audits (e.g. EH&S).
- Support EH&S as required.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related discipline or equivalent training/experience.
- Experience – 5 years of progressive facilities management experience.
- Pre-employment Federal level drug screening and background checks are standard
- L3Harris is an e-Verify Employer
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
- Safety trained and certified.
- CFM or other Facilities/Building Operations/Property Management designation or program registration leading to designation or equivalent Facilities related work experience in production and office environments preferred.
- AutoCad experience desired.
- Routinely required to sit, walk, talk and hear, stoop, kneel, reach and stretch.
- Able to use a computer/keyboard.
- Visual acuity to operate equipment and read technical information.
- May be required to lift/move up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- May be required to climb up stairwells and/or ladders.
- Able to read English, interpret data, information and documents.
- Fast paced, schedule-driven environment.
- Willing and able to work extended hours when necessary, including weekends and Holidays.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.