Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Santa Rosa, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20220106-83314
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Electrical Designer
Job Code: DSSD
Job Location: Santa Rosa CA (Onsite)
L3Harris Sonoma EO, located in Santa Rosa, CA is looking for an electronics designer to develop complex circuits in both PCB and electrical wire harness formats, perform some Lab Engineering Management.
Sonoma EO is an established pioneer in military/defense infrared technology. A leader in high technology and engineering services, L3Harris Sonoma EO is world renowned for its expertise in the areas of Electro Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) stabilized imaging systems. As a first-rank engineering and production company, L3Harris Sonoma EO is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment that is used in a variety of product areas for government, civil and commercial applications. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
- Design complex circuit board layout and routing
- Complete complex single & double-sided, analog and digital, controlled impedance, multilayer, flex, high-density designs
- Create advanced layout that satisfy complex electrical requirements
- Create board, board assembly and harness documentation
- Create and manage PWA/PWB/Harnessing libraries
- Utilize the part database & library tools for all documentation and files
- Conduct part searches utilizing engineering and vendor data
- Assign part numbers and attach part attributes to library parts and parts database
- Perform basic component engineering to support engineering requests
- Interface with technical support personnel, engineers, technical writers and technicians as required
- Supports ISO quality system by assisting in the development of quality system documentation
- Follow internal process to ensure conformance to established policies and procedures
- Follow and contribute to improvement of the hardware development process
- Provide timely production support and problem resolution
- Produce timely status reports and projections
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Prepare cost estimates for projects as required
- Perform and basic lab management functions (calibration/engineering lab material management/lean activities)
- Education – A.A. degree or equivalent with emphasis in drafting techniques and/or electronics and mechanics.
- Experience – 8 years of drafting and design experience including 5 years of advanced design concepts and applications.
- Proficient in the use of PCB and CAD design tools (Altium, 2-D AutoCad/Draftsight and Solidworks)
- Understands and has worked with and around standard electrical engineering lab equipment
- Knowledge of applicable MIL-SPEC/STD’s
- Expert knowledge of IPC standards, design rules and tool capabilities
- Thorough knowledge of PCB fabrication techniques
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to write clear technical documentation
- Ability to logically address, analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to effectively plan, organize projects and manage priorities
- Acute attention to detail and deadlines
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Must be a US Citizen, and able to obtain and maintain US Government Security Clearance
- Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are standard
- L3Harris is an e-Verify Employer.
- Some repetitive motion activities
- Visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information
- Able to use a computer/keyboard for extended periods of time
- Able to use office, test equipment & computers/peripherals in an office/lab environment
- May be required to lift up to 25 lbs, with assistance
- Fast paced, schedule-driven environment
- Willing and able to work extended hours when necessary
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.