Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Santa Rosa, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20220604-80191
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Contracts
Job Code: IMS20220604-80191
Job Location: Santa Rosa CA (Onsite)
L3Harris Technologies, Sonoma EO located in Santa Rosa, CA is looking for an experienced Contracts Specialist to join our team.
Sonoma EO is an established pioneer in military/defense infrared technology. A leader in high technology and engineering services, L3Harris Sonoma EO is world renowned for its expertise in the areas of Electro Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) stabilized imaging systems. As a first-rank engineering and production company, L3Harris Sonoma EO is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment that is used in a variety of product areas for government, civil and commercial applications. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals. The position offers competitive benefits and a relocation package for those who qualify.
The Contracts Specialist administers a variety of contract types, including CPFF, CPIF, FFP, and time and materials in accordance with established company and government policies. Oversees, tracks and obtains disposition of government and customer property, in addition to directly providing regular input into proposals. Collaborates with buyers on complex contracts as the subcontracts liaison to ensure efforts are appropriately managed on a day to day basis.
- Negotiates terms and conditions, pricing, scope, schedule, milestones, and deliverables for a variety of contracts within the L3 Corporate guidelines.
- Tracks and informs internal and external customers of contract issues including performing to schedule and budget, achieving milestones, providing all agreed upon deliverables, and identifying and creating solutions for items which are out of scope.
- Works closely with Program Managers and attends Program Management Review meetings as required.
- Understands and manages the current status of each contract including customer, product, scope, areas of risk, and challenges.
- Responsible for contract close out which includes facilitating the preparation of final invoices, release documents, and customer property dispositions as well as managing records retention.
- Responsible for Contracts Department’s compliance with records retention requirements and established processes from documentation to coordination with offsite storage vendor.
- Responsible for proposal input relative to Contract Terms and Conditions, Data Rights, Representations and Certifications, and other contractual input in support of new and follow on business activities in response to customer RFPs and unsolicited proposals. Attend proposal meetings, to ensure understanding of requirements, while coordinating and collaborating with Proposal Coordinator, engineering team, business development and Program Managers.
- Responsible for working with Proposal Coordinator for tracking and follow up on proposal status and providing post proposal submission support as needed.
- Works closely with purchasing as a subcontracts liaison for complex contracts leading efforts to structure details for SOW preparation of appropriate flow down terms and manage day to day interactions with the customer.
- Attend subcontractor meetings to track progress and ensure subcontractor is meeting deadlines, program costs, overruns, etc, as required, in support of customer requirements.
Government/Customer Property Management:
- Track and report on all government and/or customer owned property, ensuring knowledge of its current location at all times.
- Prepare letters to customer to disposition property, as needed.
- Serve as a contract/subcontract resource for customer and government property issues as they are raised.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience in contracts administration and proposal preparation or related business experience.
- Training in contract management/administration
- Extensive knowledge of, and the ability to understand and interpret, FAR’s/DFAR’s requirements and apply to contracts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to perform data mining and ad hoc reporting.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- CPCM certification preferred.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external customer relationships.
- Strong risk management skills related to financial operational business and force majeure events
- Strong negotiations skills
- Strong attention to detail and outcome-oriented focus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.