Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Financial Aid Senior Supervisor
Sanford, FloridaJob ID IMS20223006-85785
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Financial Aid Senior Supervisor
Job ID: IMS20223003-85785
Job Location: Sanford, FL.
Plan, organize, and control the function of the financial aid office such as policy statements and staff training. Provide oversight of specific programs such as Title IV FSA, scholarships, private loans, VA benefits, and cohort default management. Supervise subordinate staff within department. Liaison to other departments on the campus.
- Oversee the administration of all federal, state, and institutional aid programs
- Develop, recommend, and implement policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines for aid programs in ensuring, compliance with federal and state laws and institutional requirements
- Maintain a Financial Aid Policy and Procedure manual
- Ensure compliance with Federal Title IV and state regulations
- Review financial aid files selected for verification
- Calculate R2T4 refunds
- Complete the Fiscal Operations Report and Application to Participate (FISAP), IPEDS reports, and other requisite surveys
- Monitor and manage default prevention
- Head up the Recertification Application process for renewal of Title IV eligibility
- VA certifying official. Maintain all required documents, certify and track VA students
- Ensure that all students receiving aid are maintaining satisfactory progress in accordance with written federal and institutional requirements
- Write, edit and design with assistance from Marketing publications and communications (letters, brochures, website text)
- Experience supervising a Financial Aid department
- Knowledge of administration of Title IV federal financial aid programs, processes, and regulations (minimum two years)
- Knowledge of administration of Veterans Affairs educational benefits federal financial aid programs, processes, and regulations
- Commitment to a student-centered learning environment and student success
- Ability to be proactive, innovative, and solutions oriented
- Outstanding oral, written, interpersonal and presentation communication skills
- Team builder with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff and students
- Strong commitment to integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiarity with credit hour programs
- Pilot school training knowledge
- College Degree in Accounting or Business
- Experience with Title IV Federal Student Aid Programs
- Experience with Private student loan processes
- Experience with Veterans Affairs Education Benefits
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.