Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
EASA/UK CAA Chief Flight Instructor
Sanford, FloridaJob ID IMS20222803-79535
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: EASA/UK CAA Chief Flight Instructor
Job ID: IMS20222803-79535
Job Location: Sanford, FL
You are responsible for the delivery of the UK approved Integrated flying training programme at the satellite location of Sanford. You are responsible for the integration of all flying, simulator and ground theory training and will have overall responsibility for cadet performance management on this Course.
You are responsible for representing L-3Harris CTS Airline Academy to the flying training industry when required.
You are responsible for ensuring that Flight Safety and Health, Safety and Environmental (HS&E) best practice standards are promoted in the delivery of all flight and ground training on this Course with L-3Harris CTS Airline Academy in Sanford.
You are expected to act as an instructor and/or examiner as approved by Regulation for no more than 30% of your working time, with the remainder of your working time being devoted to your CFI duties. You are expected to maintain your qualification and currency.
- Liaise closely with the UK based Academy CFI and HT on all aspects of training delivery and cadets’ performance.
- Responsible for the delivery of the training programme and the cadets’ progress within it.
- Responsible for liaison with Flight Operations (Dispatch) to ensure appropriate availability of aircraft, instructors and simulators.
- Ensure that Operations schedule the training assets and cadets as efficiently as possible.
- Responsible for cadet performance management and coordination of cadet performance and delivery of welfare considerations.
- Coordinate preparation of end of Course reports and final interviews.
- Responsible for correct and accurate completion of cadet flight logbooks including monthly signatures.
- Keep under constant review the instructional techniques, supporting technical and instructional manuals, briefings and presentations pertaining to the delivery of UK Integrated training to ensure that it is both accurate, relevant and meets best practice. Work closely with the CFI and Standards’ team to improve our training manuals, briefing material and PowerPoint presentations to ensure that L3Harris instructors are well supported with excellent training material.
- Arrange regular standards meetings with the training delivery teams and ensure that minutes are prepared and circulated to all participants and copied to the Academy CFI/HT
- Work constantly with all members of the training team to maintain flying standards and discipline.
- Undertake other tasks that from time to time a CFI could reasonably be expected to undertake to the best of your ability.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 12 years of prior related experience.
- Right to live and work in the US
- UK Commercial Pilots Licence (CPL)
- Multi Engine Piston Rating (MEP)
- Multi Engine Instrument Rating (MEIR)
- Valid UK/US Class 1 Medical
- Current FI Rating
- FAA CFI
- FAA CFI-I
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Flight Instructor experience of SEP and MEP (CPL and IR) instruction
- Ability to adapt learning styles and differentiate between cadets
- Excellent management and communication skills with a proven track record of successfully leading a team
- Ability to manage teams of flight instructors
- Experience of working with the UK CAA and EASA
- Ability to work in a high pressured and dynamic environment
- A “can do” attitude and able to operate and make decisions in a demanding business environment
- Strong Customer-focused and Customer care skills
- Strong report writing skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.