Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Associate Manager, Systems Operations Control
Sanford, FloridaJob ID IMS20230109-105576
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Associate Manager, Systems Operations Control
Job Code: IMS20230109-105576
Job Location: Sanford, FL
L3Harris Flight Academy is an accredited flight school located within the Orlando-Sanford International Airport. We provide an excellent and rigorous flight training program for those passionate about flying and wanting to pursue a career as a professional pilot. We have a diverse student body with students from over 30 different countries enrolled in our programs. We are expanding our admissions and operations team and are hoping to find the right candidate to help us meet our department goals and objectives.
- Balance training resources across multiple locations to maximize asset utilization and performance to drive revenue.
- Leverage team to produce schedules that maximize most favorable flying opportunities to maximize training revenue on a daily and weekly basis.
- Establish easily understood metrics that equate to meeting or exceeding department revenue targets.
- Ensure daily schedule is within compliance regarding student/instructor duty time policy and instructor duty time regulations.
- Build operations schedules to maximize employee utilization and minimize overtime expense.
- Coordinate with training standards and department quality to challenge status quo to uncover inefficiencies which will drive future revenue opportunist.
- Verify flight crews, dispatchers and schedulers are following L3Harris safety policies as outline in L3Harris Operational Policies.
- Lead a team at multipile locations around the world to produce maximum fleet effeciency.
- Meet regularly with the Manager of SOC to report fleet efficiency and provide opportunities to improve utilization across the network to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Experience with scheduling a large dynamic fleet of assets.
- Broad knowledge of project management
- Broad process improvement experience
- Proven track record improving asset utilization to drive per unit revenue
- Ability to lead a team in multiple locations
- Ability to set and achieve strategic goals and objectives that drive revenue and uncover opportunities to drive additional revenue.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Problem Solving
- Previous experience in a high utilization FAA Part 135 charter company
- Experience with Flight Schedule Pro or other complex flight operating software programs
- Experience with dispatching or ATC operations
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.