Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. RF/Microwave Engineer
San Leandro, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20222205-82769
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. RF/Microwave Engineer
Job Code: SAS20222205-82769
Job Location: Menlo Park, CA
L3 Technologies, Randtron Division, in Menlo Park, CA is currently seeking aRF/Microwave Engineer. In this role you will be responsible for designing, developing, modifying, and evaluating microwave devices and systems with a focus on antennas. A RF/Microwave Engineer ensures product designs meet company and/or customer requirements in terms of costs, results and manufacturability of end products.
- Development responsibilities include the design of VHF, UHF, and microwave antennas as well as passive, linear components including baluns, power dividers, diplexers, impedance matching networks, hybrids, and filters.
- Application of RF system engineering principles in analysis and derivation of subsystem requirements and subsequent flow down for apertures and RF distribution networks for use with receivers, tuners, signal processors and other components of the RF network.
- Designs and develops low observable antennas, sub-systems, and systems to fulfill design objectives and to meet customer requirements, manage technical risk, and satisfy internal program budgets and schedules.
- Conducts RF and RCS design analysis of components, sub-systems, and systems through, computer simulation and mathematical calculations.
- Effectively transfer antenna designs to manufacturing and ensure products meet specifications and quality requirements.
- Ensure designs are suitable for production manufacturing.
- RF/Microwave Engineers are expected to support or lead the generation of specification and test documents, create original electrical designs, work jointly with Mechanical Engineering, CAD Designers, Machine Shop and Manufacturing to ensure efficient manufacturing of hardware.
- Conduct and supervise prototype development and testing using state-of-the-art testing facilities.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals including design concepts, costing, writing sections and making presentations to management and customers.
- Reuiring availability to work varied shifts, overtime, weekends and travel on occasion
- BSEE (MSEE preferred) with minimum of 5 years related experience
- Working knowledge of antennas, phased arrays, beamformers, transmission line theory, and passive RF circuit design.
- Experience with one or more Computational Electromagnetic codes such as Ansys HFSS, CST, and FEKO
- Hands-on experience performing S-parameter measurements and antenna pattern/gain measurements
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active Security Clearance
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Matlab
- A familiarity with the characteristics and design of various antenna types such as uniform or tapered slot, cavity backed aperture, broadband, wire, and microstrip.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.