Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Electrical and Controls Engineer
San Leandro, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20220906-83785
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Electrical and Controls Engineer
Job ID: SAS20220906-83785
Job Location: San Leandro, CA
Designing analog and digital control systems to operate in the electromagnetically harsh environments of high voltage, high current pulse power systems (such as linear accelerators) can be a real challenge. If you like to geek out on opto-isolators and EMI/RFI shielding techniques, enjoy doing hands on work in an R&D/laboratory environment, and appreciate the opportunity to work in a small group where your contributions make a real difference, this job is for you!
In this role, the candidate will provide electrical and control system engineering expertise in support of new and existing projects through the design phases, manufacturing, and installation/testing at the customer site. As a senior associate electrical engineer on the project team, the candidate will work closely with intermediate to senior level engineers as well as electromechanical technicians, and take direction from a project manager or subject matter expert (SME).
Experience (or at awareness) with PLC-based control systems, National Instruments data acquisition hardware and LabView software, fiber optics, oscilloscopes, and similar equipment is desired.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aiding in the design, manufacturing, and testing of controls and instrumentation systems and sub-systems as part of a team, for one-of-a-kind pulse power machines including linear accelerators, high power microwave (HPM) systems, EMP simulators, directed energy weapons, and shipboard applications.
- Supporting the development control system design documents including: logic / block diagrams, AC/DC power distribution one-line diagrams, schematics, I/O tag lists, cable/harness termination details, component specifications, bill of materials (BOM), test procedures etc.
- Ensuring designs comply with project-specific requirements.
- Supporting the development conceptual, preliminary, and final designs in accordance with the company’s engineering design development process.
- Supporting the identified technical approach/architecture and adhering to industrial electrical / safety standards.
- Supporting engineering analyses / trade-off studies.
- Assisting in the presentation of technical and design data in program reviews and customer briefings.
The ideal candidate would have some experience or knowledge in the areas of:
- The development, specification, design, and implementation of controls and instrumentation for DOE research facilities (national laboratories, etc.), DOD applications, or commercial industry.
- Understanding the unique requirements and challenges associated with harsh electromagnetic and radiation environments.
- Experience with National Instruments CompactRIO and/or LabView products and/or Allen-Bradley PLC systems.
- Industrial controls hardware common in industry (Phoenix Contact, Sola, etc.).
- Operation and remote control of Tektronix and/or Teledyne LeCroy oscilloscopes
- Data acquisition software (commercial and/or custom)
- Able to obtain a security clearance if required.
BS degree plus 4 years relevant experience, or MS degree plus 2 years relevant experience, or PhD plus 0 years relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline. Equivalent experience may substitute for education.
This position requires working on-site in the San Leandro, CA facility with occasional travel required to customer sites. Work in the San Leandro facility will be performed in an office area as well as R&D and manufacturing spaces within workshop areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate, the spaces are temperature controlled, and work areas are well lit and ventilated.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.