Senior Manager, Supply Chain Management (San Leandro, CA) 1
San Leandro, CaliforniaJob ID 9002
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Supply Chain Senior Manager
Job Code: 9002
Job Location: San Leandro, CA
Dynamic and high energy leader providing strategic and tactical leadership for the operational execution of proposals, program management, subcontracts, procurement and materials management supply chain sub-functions. This position will play a critical role as an enabler of growth and profitability while engaging programs with design for supply chain (DfSC) tools and metrics, negotiating strategic supplier agreements, developing strategic sources for emerging technologies and capacity expansion, and expanding dual-sourcing to increased supply chain resiliency. This position reports functionally to the Sector Director of Supply Chain and will be responsible for a 20+ person supply chain organization across 3 production sites in our EMRF (Electromagnetics & RF) Division. The Supply Chain Senior Manager of EMRF will possess a solid understanding of the manufacturing of highly-engineered products and be knowledgeable in government contracting / flow-downs / compliance, and will be responsible for developing a world-class supply chain team through staffing, training, and engagement initiatives while serving as a role model for integrity and inclusion.
- Manage highly-experienced professionals and teams led by managers.
- Responsible for succession planning, organizational and talent development.
- Communicate within the organization and with major customers and suppliers. Single point of accountability for supply chain to functional and divisional leadership.
- Collaborate with business development, program management and engineering to ensure early supply chain involvement in proposals and new program design efforts.
- Work cooperatively with functional organizations across the division to identify strategic suppliers and proactively meet or exceed performance (cost/schedule/technical) needs.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development of the division’s supply base from both a strategic and tactical perspective as we look to develop partners not just suppliers.
- Develop and execute transformation plans focused on Design for Supply Chain (DfSC), supply chain resiliency, lead time reduction, quality improvements, as well as implementing new tools, systems and processes.
- Support make/buy efforts to develop an effective outsource program as needed.
- Ensuring risk management strategies and processes are deployed on critical supply chain efforts.
- Deliver uninterrupted flow of materials to support manufacturing and customer on-time delivery.
- Lead the supply chain team to achieve and maintain working capital targets through initiatives in payment terms negotiations, outsourcing, and inventory reductions.
- Ensure compliance to all government regulations including EAR, ITAR, UCC, FAR, DFARS and flow-down of customer contractual requirements to contract terms and conditions.
- Develop operational metrics, monitor trends, and report monthly on KPI continuous improvement.
- Lead implementation of new tools to leverage the skills of our professionals and improve efficiency.
- Seek ways to improve performance through implementation of process improvement initiatives based on industry best practices.
- Travel requirements 15-25%.
- Bachelor's degree in business management or technical field, and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant supply chain experience including early sourcing, production planning, materials management, subcontracts, procurement, complex negotiations and contracting. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
- In lieu of a degree, minimum of 16 years of Supply Chain management experience.
- 5+ years of presenting directly to senior leadership.
- Experience in/Advanced technical skills of Supply Chain Management including planning, inventory, scorecarding.
- Experience with Government Subcontracting and FAR/DFARS compliance.
- Experience in leading a high performing team.
- Experience in negotiation of subcontracts and long term agreements.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Advanced degree (MBA a plus).
- Ability to manage change in an organization.
- Prior supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience in attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, developing and building high performing organizations.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) to all levels of the organization. Ability to build and develop relationships cross-functionally.
- Project management experience and understanding of the project lifecycle, with emphasis on knowing how to mitigate cost, schedule and technical risks ahead of project execution and manage issues as they occur.
- Experience in Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement / Lean Methodologies. Noteworthy continuous improvement projects demonstrating innovation and creativity.
- ISM, APICS or PMP certification.
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $143,000 - $190,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.