Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Production Support A - San Leandro, CA
San Leandro, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20220111-92823
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Production Support A
Job Code: SAS20220111-92823
Job Location: San Leandro, CA
Oversees and coordinates with production team to efficiently process work in accordance with a production plan and to promote and deliver high quality output. Works with Engineering Management to execute in accordance a system of manufacturing standards and follow company policies and procedures. Encourages team members to drive continual improvement in their production area.
- Works in an industrial environment building and testing high-voltage electrical equipment
- Operates mixers and other blending equipment to mix raw materials into liquid epoxy
- Completes required tests and inspections to ensure batches meet quality standards
- Completes transfer of blended for use in finished good production line
- Prepares molds, pours epoxies, cures epoxies and cleans molds after use
- Assembles mechanical and electrical products
- Builds and repairs electrical cabling and wire harnesses
- Integrates sub-assemblies into final system, including final acceptance testing
- Operate X-ray producing equipment on inert, industrial samples
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent with 0 to 3 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Prior experience blending raw materials into large batches of product in a manufacturing, environment preferred
- Basic knowledge of electrical circuits
- Proficient with computer applications, such as Word, Access, Excel, etc.
- Ability to review and interpret work instructions, designs and drawings, with tooling and end item processes and products
- Ability to create documents and manuals associated with hardware build and user materials
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving ability
- Willingness to meet customer needs
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- Technical background in NDT methods and procedures a plus
- Industrial Radiography Radiation Safety Personnel (IRRSP) certification a plus
- Physical Abilities: Use of arms, hands and fingers; lift and carry; focus on objects within 20 inches, shift focus and distinguish colors as needed to perform assigned experiments.
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $33,700-51,500. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.