Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
San Leandro, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20222704-81392
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manager, Facilities
Job Code: SAS20222704-81392
Job Location:San Leandro, CA
Under general supervision, this position serves as Facilities Manager for the San Leandro location. The position is responsible for facilities staffing, staff assignments and general facilities compliance with outside agencies. Will provide organizational leadership with strong qualifications in critical thinking to drive key decision-making. Responsible for department budget administration and management. Assigned projects such as employee or equipment relocations; planning of space for relocations; and facilities coordination of vendor project work & custodial coordination. Maintenance projects are both routine and specialized, and will include management oversight work with HVAC & refrigeration; moving contractors; electricians; plumbers; custodial; specialized lock & key vendors; and other facilities areas. This classification also serves as EH&S back up, which includes coordination of chemical pickups.
- Serves as Project Manager for maintenance projects, obtaining bids, ordering materials, coordinating & expediting jobs and materials; maintaining schedule and budget costs. (Includes cost estimating for projects and facilities requests.)
- Creates scopes of work for projects. (As necessary, may direct the efforts of vendors who construct, maintain, and repair utilities systems, buildings and equipment in the trades of electrical, plumbing, carpentry and air conditioning.)
- Writes detailed and in-depth Single-Source Justifications (SSJ) as required per company SCM policy (when three competitive bids were not possible). Note: SSJs provide data as to why sole vendors are selected -- detailing their unique qualifications, factors and/or expertise.
- Conducts contractor surveillance to ensure adherence to contract requirements, drawings, specifications, and local building codes.
- Routine building & equipment maintenance tracking.
- Develop purchase requisitions for maintenance materials as required.
- Coordinates relocation for employees or equipment, including planning of space for relocation and interdepartmental interfaces, and participation & facilitation in required meetings.
- Troubleshooting facilities issues and repair or make recommendations for repair or plan for repairs is required, including issues that require specialized handling and/or equipment.
- Effectively interface with a multitude of technical and/or non-technical personnel in order to achieve resolution for a variety of facilities issues.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and be able to drive a rental car.
- Ability to evaluate/assess project in order to make sound recommendations to vendors and/or management for resolution.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with hands-on in building systems including mechanical, electrical systems and/or site utilities.
- Experience with facilities management, operations, design, renovations, repairs and/or construction management.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- HVAC/electrical certification
- Experience in project coordination, project management training, and/or contractor/vendor interfacing.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.