San Leandro, CaliforniaJob ID AS20211904-59930
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manager, Accounting
Job Code: AS20211904-59930
Job Location: San Leandro, CA
The General Accounting Manager is responsible for all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting. This position ensures that all financial statements are prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and continuously evaluates, improves, implements, and monitors internal controls. Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the financial statements.
Responsible for managing and reconciling the general ledger, fixed assets, Indirect cost and job order cost accounting systems. Maintain Costpoint ERP system, analyze and resolve integration issues. Ensures that accounting data is complied, analyzed, and reported accurately and on time, as well as being in conformance with GAAP, FAR, CAS and corporate accounting policies.
- Lead and supervise the staff of the accounting department and act as a primary support to the Controller and Director/VP of Finance.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities of a department. Performs the personnel tasks of hiring, training, and reviewing employee performance.
- Manages and directs staff accountants and subordinate supervisors in the completion of accounting assignments on time.
- Develops and implements systems, procedures and policies within functional accounting areas. Ensures the accuracy and integrity of financial systems and internal controls.
- Has the responsibility to ensure that financial transactions are conducted and approved in accordance with company policies and procedure.
- Prepares and/or reviews financial data and schedules for routine audits by outside agencies, auditors and the government.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure sound financial controls within the department and the company.
- Supports senior management and other functional group on special assignments.
- Requires a B.A. in Accounting, a CPA and/or a minimum of 5-10 years of related experience.
- Requires general accounting experience in a DoD environment.
- Requires a minimum 3-5 years operating in a supervisory capacity of an accounting department.
- Proficient in MS, particularly strong Excel skills.
- Costpoint experience is desirable.
- Flexible to work overtime, weekends and travel on occasion.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.