Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead Program Manager
San Leandro, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20222011-93694
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Program Manager
Job Code: SAS20222011-93694
Job Location: San Leandro, CA
Direct all phases of DoD, DOE, and commercial programs from inception through completion. Drive program execution in order to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, operating income, and free cash flow for new, continuing, or current programs. Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participate in the negotiation of contracts and contract changes. Coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, performance Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, budgets, and financial terms/conditions of the contract. Act as primary customer contact for program activities, leading internal and external program review sessions to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Establish design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration, and test. Expand the product line with the customer. Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules as well as identify program problems and obtain solutions such as allocating resources or changing conctractual specifications. Direct the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing, and administrative areas. Complete all tasks within budget and on schedule for small-to-medium programs and proposals.
• Manage programs or sub-programs (including proposal development efforts) with a total value up to ~$70M and typical durations of 2-8 years
• Establish the framework for executing complex programs and proposals
• Maintain comprehensive program plans to include both long and short term goals and milestones
• Coordinate work performed by cross-functional teams, ensuring proper guidance and support of program activities
• Monitor and control the expenditure of program allocated funds
• Communicate the status of the program to customers and compnay leadership throughout its lifecycle
• Monitor and coordinate subcontractor and supplier activities in support of assigned program(s)
• Develop and maintain customer contacts and conducts marketing to gain follow-on or new program related work
• Timely and cost effective accomplishment of contractual commitments and contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on departmental results
• Travel to customer and supplier locations
• Report to the Director of Programs
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or similar and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience; Or, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
• Requires broad knowledge of program management processes and procedures for Department of Defense (DoD) programs, typically obtained through advanced education combined with work experience
• Strong communication (in oral and written English) and interpersonal skills
• Technical background and defense industry experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
• PMP certificate a plus
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $120,000 - $223,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.