Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead Contracts Manager
San Leandro, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20221603-78788
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Contracts Manager
Job ID: SAS20221603-78788
Job Location: San Leandro, CA
Negotiates and ensures compliance with the terms of contracts and/or subcontracts with government and commercial customers. Ensures contracts support overall business interests. Specialist contract administrator conducting proposal administration, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements and customer specifications. Capable of working without appreciable direction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Incumbents are responsible for applicable activities, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and activities covered in the previous Contracts Administrator description, plus the following:
- Develops cost/price proposals and negotiates those proposals into contracts.
- Interacts directly with high level decision makers on contractual items of importance as needed.
- Directly contributes to the development of new concepts and techniques for contract administration and proposal preparation.
- Leads proposal preparation contract negotiation and administration of major contracts.
- Acts as advisor regarding legal requirements, contractual risk, and government regulations.
- Manages subcontracts from cradle to grave including negotiation and award of subcontracts and subsequent administration.
- Serves as contractual point of contact for customers.
- Monitors company performance for conformance to original proposal.
- Leads lower level personnel as needed.
- Bachelor's degree. Equivalent experience may substitute for education.
- 10+ years of significant and varied experience with Federal contract and/or subcontract administration and proposal preparation.
- Some knowledge of commercial contracting
- In-depth knowledge of contract types, their application and use and can advise management and others as needed.
- Expert knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations contract terminology.
- Expertise in the use of MS Word and Excel.
- Costpoint experience is desirable.
- Use of hands, arms, and fingers to operate computer and telephone.
- Talk and hear to operate telephone and interact with other employees.
- Close vision and ability to shift focus to use computer
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.