Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Contracts Associate (New Grad - San Leandro, CA)
San Leandro, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20221804-80786
What makes a successful early career professional at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Contracts Associate (New Grad - San Leandro, CA)
Job Code: SAS20221804-80786
Job Location: San Leandro, CA
We are searching for a highly motivated Contracts Associate to support our Applied Technologies, Inc. – San Leandro, CA location. Our company has secured significant new business and continued growth is anticipated over the next few years. We are searching for a candidate that desires a heavily administrative position, requiring strong organizational, communication skills, along with an acute attention to detail.
This position requires managing quotation issuance, contract administration to ensure contract execution in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. This person will contractually manage the Flash X-Ray, E-Beam Sterilization, and Nuclear Effects Testing lines of business. This chosen candidate will solve problems of limited scope and complexity and work is closely supervised. Assignments include following detailed, specific instructions, and contacts are primarily with the Commercial Products Team, other Contracts personnel, and the immediate supervisor. The ideal individual desires a position with growth potential, is a quick learner, very organized, and can communicate clearly and effectively. This is an entry-level position into the field of Contracts Management, however, it requires self-motivation, organization, customer (internal and external) service skills, attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
- Contractual management of the Commercial Products business area is the primary assignment.
- Management of contracts through the full lifecycle includes contract formation, execution, modification, product delivery, and invoicing. This position includes continual execution of administrative and data entry tasks, in addition to interfacing directly with customers and the internal Team.
- Acts as an agent of the company by interfacing directly with Commercial and Government customers.
- Supports the Commercial Products line of business by preparation and submittal of quotations in response to customer requests.
- Minimal negotiation required with customers.
- Reviews and analyzes all contractual documentation to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and corporate guidance.
- Issues contract related documents and prepares shipping documents in accordance with contractual, legal, and corporate requirements.
- Provides real-time updates to Program Management in all contractual matters, by updating logs and documents for distribution, in addition to participating in meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- 3.0 GPA minimum
Preferred Additional Skills:
- No prior experience with Government or Commercial contracts is required, however it is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deadline oriented work ethic, and the ability to work successfully under pressure.
- Ability to work successfully within a team and strong collaborative skills.
- Ability to multi-task continually.
- Expertise in the use of MS Word and Excel.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.