Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Specialist, Software Engineer
San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20220811-93158
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Sr. Specialist, Software Engineering Embedded C/C++ Java
Job Code: SAS20220811-93158
Job Location: San Diego, CA
At L3Harris, software engineers have incredible opportunities to grow in their career and work on exciting projects that impacts people’s lives around the world. We cultivate innovation and welcome people from different backgrounds and experiences who can bring new ideas to the table. The software engineers get to experience and see the full life cycle of system development from concept to execution and finished product. We are very excited for new opportunities in the industry and we are growing our team to meet the demand. We are looking for talented engineers who are passionate about their work and thrive on intellectual curiosity and working in a diverse team of engineers.
Enjoy success as a member of a dynamic engineering team developing cutting edge systems for the space and airborne industry. As part of this fast growing team of engineers, you will develop applications in support of space superiority, command and control, geospatial and other exciting domains.
As an engineer, you will participate in a development team that uses agile methodologies combined with mature software practices and a technology-supported development infrastructure. You will develop software and use enabling technologies to implement new capabilities and extend existing capabilities. You will help develop and maintain the deployed system, diagnose and resolve issues, and provide support to end-users as needed. Efforts can include working on a program into the maintenance or sustainment phase. As a member of the software development organization, you will execute all development processes and help mature those processes over time.
- Member of the embedded software development team.
- Support software requirements analysis and use case development.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Perform software design and rapid prototyping.
- Implement software per requirements and design guidelines.
- Participate and present in design and code reviews.
- Perform unit, integration and system test activities.
- Investigate and address reported software issues.
- Support product documentation activities.
- Direct customer contact at customer site, on premises or remote.
- Interface with customers to support existing operations, and manage reported issues.
- Interface with customers to identify unmet needs and potential solutions.
- Understand software engineering principles, processes, and industry best practices with the ability to apply them in daily work.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with embedded systems, including multiple processors
- Experience with C/C++ and Java
- Experience working with low level data (bit manipulation) and memory management
- Experience with multi-threading and locks in C/C++ and Java
- Experience with object-oriented design concepts and techniques
- Secret Security Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with unit testing, stress testing and integration/end-user testing.
- Familiarity with Linux, Windows, and Real Time Operating Systems
- Familiarity with the space domain is a plus.
- Experience with cryptographic functions.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $105,500 - $195,500. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.