Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Job Code: SWP5
Job Location: San Diego, CA
The successful candidate will assist in planning and coordinating all activities related to requirements gathering, design, development and implementation of client information systems and software applications. The .developer will also be responsible for maintaining, supporting and upgrading existing client systems and applications. The candidate will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills and knowledge of best practices to work with the Application Development Lead on issues related to the design, development and deployment of client oriented, mission-critical information and software systems. The candidate must be able to clearly communicate both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner. Strong interpersonal skills are required due to continual interaction with customers and users with varying technical backgrounds in a fast-paced work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related engineering degree. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience. 12 + years direct experience in software development and/or programming design and systems management. 10+ years of experience with C#, C++, C
- Experience with hardware-software integration, good understanding of various communications protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, RS232. Experience with Robotic systems
- Experience preferred with autonomous underwater vehicle sensor payloads (such as Doppler velocity logs, Sidescan sonar, Multibeam and Internal navigation systems)
- Experience preferred with hydrographic survey planning software
- Strong knowledge of version control (Git or Visual Team Services)
- Strong ability to grasp and apply new information quickly, High attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task and enthusiastic attitude, Extensive experience with Microsoft Office applications, Good communication and documentation skills. Works well in a group setting.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.