Sr. Electrical Engineer - Software Test Equipment Design
San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20212302-57052
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Electrical Engineer - Software Test Equipment Design
Job Code: SAS20212302-57052
Job Location: San Diego, CA
As a Sr. Specialist in the L3Harris Test Engineering group, you are responsible for the design, development and validation of Specialized Test Equipment to be used during engineering development and factory acceptance testing of high reliability space flight and ground support products. The Sr. Specialist is responsible for test system software requirements definition, architectural design, coding in National Instrument’s LabView and TestStand development environment, design validation, documentation and maintenance. The Sr. Specialist functions as a member of the project development team, including hardware, mechanical and programmable logic design engineers. Strong technical team leadership skills to achieve project goals and test system performance requirements are required.
- Participate in customer proposal efforts to estimate labor and material costs associated with test and validation of new products.
- Analyze customer product specifications and requirements to develop derived and/or mandated test requirements.
- Perform Specialized Test Equipment (STE) software architectural design and functional decomposition to satisfy technical, cost and schedule needs.
- Conduct internal and customer review meetings as required to insure all aspects of STE development satisfy the program goals and customer expectations.
- Perform select software detailed design tasks as appropriate and necessary.
- Be responsible for documentation and release of STE design packages in accordance with established procedures.
- Lead aspects of STE performance validation and integration testing with the Unit Under Test as a participant in an Integrated Product Team.
- Support deliverable product device verification, environmental, qualification and factory acceptance test as required.
- Perform sustaining STE engineering as necessary to support our operations test department.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field and at least 6 years of practical experience or Master’s degree and at least 4 years of experience.
- Experience programming automated test equipment using National Instrument’s LabView and Test Stand.
- Experience in the use of project management tools (MS Project).
- Experience in the use of common test equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multimeters, etc) and demonstrated skills in use of RF and microwave test equipment as applied to wireless communications systems.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active secret or higher level clearance.
- Experience in FPGA development using Hardware Description Languages (VHDL, Verilog) and simulators
- Ability to review electronic circuit schematics and documentation in support of programming efforts and integration/trouble shooting is desirable.
- Strong familiarity with RF communications systems concepts and modulation techniques.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.