Sr. Associate, Supplier Quality Engineer
San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20211502-56635
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Associate, Supplier Quality Engineer
Job Code: SAS20211502-56635
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Key technical interface between Suppliers and L3Harris T&RF in resolving technical supplier-related problems. Responsible for tracking quality data, identifying root cause of failures and assisting with developing and implementing corrective actions. Ensure Suppliers maintain a high level of performance with quality and delivery. Administer and execute processes for control of nonconforming material as it relates to Receiving Inspection and supplier-related returns/issues.
- Support Supplier Quality, Components Engineering and Procurement with program impacts resulting from supplier performance issues throughout the supplier manufacturing build cycle.
- Visit supplier sites, as required, to help create/audit supplier processes, build milestone plans, perform inspections/buy-offs, and offer technical support to the supplier to ensure order quality and delivery targets.
- Administer and execute Supplier Corrective Actions Reports/responses (SCARs) and ensure follow up activities occur to verify and validate implementation and effectiveness of said actions.
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with Procurement to collectively improve supplier performance and T&RF processes and procedures.
- Support the maintenance of the approved manufacturers list (AML) and periodically review supplier performance to determine whether suppliers should remain on the approved list.
- Participate with suppliers in FMEA, Process Capability, Control plans, measurement systems, sub-supplier qualification, supplier part approval process, plan supplier qualifications and manage supplier development projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience in electronics, inspection, soldering and workmanship to Military Standards, J-STD-001 (current Rev) and Inspection Standard IPC-A-610 (current Rev), work plans, assembly practices
- Applied experience in generating and evaluating 8D’s (root cause and corrective action)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Industrial, Electronics/Electrical Engineering, Material Science or equivalent) with at least three years’ experience
- Greenbelt in Lean Six Sigma
- Familiarity with the following standards: MIL-PRF-38534, MIL-PRF-38535, MIL-STD-883
- Familiar with a wide range of manufacturing processes including metal working, printed circuit board assembly, coatings and cable assembly
- Auditing experience with ISO 9000 or AS9100
- Familiarity with quality tools: SPC, FMEA/PFMEA, Kaizen, Fault Tree Analysis
- ASQ certifications: CQT, CSQP, CQE
- Able to acquire SECRET clearance, if required
- May require travel up to 25%
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers
- Understanding of Lean concepts and Six Sigma problem solving
- Understand GDT and reading engineering drawings
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to make effective decisions and exercise good judgment
- Demonstrated skills in time management, performing multiple priorities/tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication and report writing skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.