Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Supplier Quality Engineer
San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20220106-83286
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Supplier Quality Engineer
Job Code: SAS20220106-83286
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Key technical interface between Suppliers and L3Harris T&RF in resolving technical supplier-related problems. Responsible for tracking quality data, identifying root cause of failures and assisting with developing and implementing corrective actions. Ensure Suppliers maintain a high level of performance with quality and delivery. Administer and execute processes for control of nonconforming material as it relates to Receiving Inspection and supplier-related returns/issues.
- Support Supplier Quality, Components Engineering and Procurement with program impacts resulting from supplier performance issues throughout the supplier manufacturing build cycle.
- Collectively work with Supply Chain to build/maintain a strong working supplier relationship and improve supplier performance.
- Visit supplier sites, as required, to help create/audit supplier processes, build milestone plans, perform inspections/buy-offs, and offer technical support to the supplier to ensure order quality and delivery targets. Assess supplier production control and quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, and implement impact reduction activities.
- Administer and execute Supplier Corrective Actions Reports/responses (SCARs) and ensure follow up activities occur to verify and validate implementation and effectiveness of said actions.
- Support the maintenance of the approved manufacturers list (AML) and periodically review supplier performance to determine whether suppliers should remain on the approved list.
- Participate with suppliers in FMEA, process capability, control plans, measurement systems, PPV’s, zero defect planning (ZDP) and APQP.
- Plan supplier qualifications and manage supplier development projects with the intent to grow supplier capabilities and improve supplier performance.
- Provide immediate support for suppliers affecting T&RF internal processes.
- Design methods and procedures for inspecting and evaluating the precision and accuracy of supplier inspection to T&RF inspection processes and equipment.
- Report critical component supplier data to IRAD team to reduce future designed in risks.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics/Components or Industrial) and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Experience in electronics, work plans, assembly practices, inspection, soldering and workmanship to military standards or current revisions of J-STD-001 and/or IPC-A-610.
- Applied experience in generating and evaluating 8D’s (root cause and corrective action).
- Applied experience with FMEA/PFMEA.
- Applied experience working with supplier processes for one or more of the following:
- Machine fabrication process: CNC, lathe, milling, debur, plating.
- Printed circuit board process: LDI, drilling, plating, solder mask.
- Hybrid packaging/inspection: Die attach, wire bonding (wedge/ball), device seal methods.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Greenbelt in Lean Six Sigma
- Familiarity with the following standards: MIL-PRF-38534, MIL-PRF-38535, MIL-STD-750 Method 2072, MIL-STD-883 Methods 2010 and/or 2017
- Familiar with a wide range of manufacturing processes including metal working, printed circuit board assembly, coatings and cable assembly
- Auditing experience with ISO 9000 or AS9100
- Familiarity with quality tools: SPC, Kaizen, Fault Tree Analysis
- ASQ certifications: CQT, CSQP, CQE
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers
- Understanding of Lean concepts and Six Sigma problem solving
- Understand GDT and reading engineering drawings
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to make effective decisions and exercise good judgment
- Demonstrated skills in time management, performing multiple priorities/tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication and report writing skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.