Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Hardware Electrical Engineering (Digital/Analog)
San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20222009-90720
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Associate Hardware Engineer (Digital/Analog)
Job Code: SAS20222009-90720
Job Location:San Diego, CA
This is an electrical engineering design position responsible for developing hardware within the Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) Segment of L3Harris. This team, located in the San Diego, CA facility, is responsible for the design, build, and validation of custom tactical transceivers.
Typical Job Duties:
- Develop test system block diagrams, flow diagrams and concepts/specifications for the detailed Specialized Test Equipment (STE) design phase of the project.
- Actively participate in design tasks for the development of STEs
- Review product specifications and interface control documents
- Collaborate with Project engineer to determine required test methods
- Develop STE hardware, software, and firmware requirements
- Work with Software/Firmware engineers to develop solutions
- Assemble STE hardware
- Conduct STE checkout
- Write STE Verification Test procedures.
- Develop custom cables and harnesses, circuit boards (analog and digital)
- May author progress reports, schedule updates and Estimates to Complete (EACs) for both IR&D and contract development projects.
- Participate in design reviews to help improve product testability
The minimum required qualifications for this position are:
- BSEE/BSCE degree
- 4 years industry experience with electronic parts and systems in analog, digital, and RF environments preferably with focus on hardware testing.
- Working knowledge of RF fundamentals and communication theory.
- Understanding of detailed schematics and software design.
- Basic electronic theory and familiarity with lab and test measurement tools including Oscilliscoes, Signal Generators, Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, and power sensors.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiarity with Xilinx, Microsemi, or Altera FPGA design softwar and VHDL/Verilog.
- Skilled at preparing meeting materials and presenting them to an audience with varied technical background.
- LabView programming
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.