Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Design (PCB Designer)
San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20220711-93071
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Design (PCB Designer)
Job Code: SAS20220711-93071
Job Location: Hybrid (San Diego, CA)
The Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Designer will work as part of a product development team. They are responsible for the layout of complex multilayer digital, power supply, or RF designs. They will work with electrical and mechanical engineers to produce high-quality layouts per the defined requirements and schedule. The designer will be responsible for the production release of layout files, fabrication, and assembly drawings.
If you are dissatisfied with the repetition of working on similar design types, come join our team! Each assignment will be different, providing a challenging work environment, and the ability for you to expand your design skills and material knowledge.
- Layout of complex mixed signal, mixed technology, high density PCB designs.
- Collaborate with both RF, digital, analog, or power design engineers during parts placement and signal routing to ensure PCB designs meet all requirements.
- Collaborate with mechanical design engineers to ensure mechanical integrity as well as thermal requirements are met.
- Good time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Verify that drafting standards established are followed to ensure a uniform documentation system.
- Ensures that printed circuit designs meet the electrical requirements and follows the established L3Harris design and fabrication guidelines.
- Follow company policies and procedures, along with our established manufacturing guidelines.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience designing printed circuit boards.
- Competent experience of PCB design technologies for military/airborne/space, PCB layout techniques, electrical schematics, PCB fabrication, and assembly drawings is desired.
- Siemens EDA PADS and/or Xpedition tool set experience is desired.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Orcad, Autocad, CAM350/Blueprint and Valor.
- Knowledge of IPC Standards.
- Familiar with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- IPC certification CID or CID+.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.