Shipboard Engineering Assembler
San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20212004-59941
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Engineering Technician A
Job Code: ETSA
Job Location:San Diego, Ca
Focus on Alteration Installation Team (AIT) specific tasks or activities that support design, implementation and/or administration of work procedures. Responsible for performing a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations which may include skilled hand work or utilizing automated production equipment. Comprehends and interprets a variety of technical specifications, terms and documents. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications. Skills are gained through vocational or on-the-job training work experience. The Assembler will be based in San Diego, and will support various classes of Naval Ships, including 30% travel to other domestic ports and OCONUS ports as appropriate.
- Under general supervision, responsible for performing a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies.
- Route single or multi-wire harnesses, cable assemblies per drawing and work instructions.
- Performs troubleshooting, test checks (continuity, bonding, etc.) reworks and modification changes requiring the same level of skills as defined in the classification.
- Fabricate and assemble all types of electrical, electronic and electro-mechanical equipment, parts, materials, hardware, wire, wire bundles, printed wiring board assemblies, etc. and their associated equipment into subassemblies and complete assemblies.
- Performs work as assigned that is incremental to primary job duties or other assigned work that may be performed safely using commonly available tools. Accountable for tools, equipment and clean work area.
- Must be flexible in supporting your current program needs by being readily available to flex between processes as necessary.
- Be able to support other programs whenever there is a business need.
- Fully participate/engage in team meetings with a positive attitude.
- DoD Secret Security Clearance is required at time of hire.
- Obtain and maintain certifications essential to accomplish required work.
- Requires minimal job knowledge/skills.
- The candidate will perform a variety of duties in and around a shipyard and during ship availabilities.
- The candidate will work closely with team members
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent with 0 to 3 years of prior related experience
- Familiar with U.S. Naval protocol and the ability to work directly and interface with military in uniform and with engineers in other companies
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Candidates should demonstrate a knowledge of shipbuilding construction methodology. They should be experienced in mil-spec hook up, testing, wire talking, and activation of equipment. Previous shipbuilding experience is considered a plus. Fiber optic experience is also preferred.
- Perform all basic tasks required in the electrical and electronic occupations such as soldering, lugging, string tying, and operation of wire, etc.
- This individual must have strong oral and written communication skills and be proficient with typical PC applications to include Microsoft Word, Office, and Excel.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.