Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Electrical Engineer - COMSEC Hardware (San Diego CA)
San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20232803-98894
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer - COMSEC Hardware (Relocation assistance will be provided to candidates outside the posted location)
Job Code: SAS2023-2803-98894
Job Location: San Diego, CA
L3Harris is seeking a versatile embedded COMSEC/Information Assurance hardware engineer to join our talented team supporting the design and manufacturing of our Space and RF products. As a hardware engineer, you will be directly involved in the design, integration, and test of secure mesh network satellite communication links, digital telemetry, signal processing, and encryption technology. The successful candidate will perform design and architecture engineering functions with an emphasis in COMSEC and crypto processor designs. In this capacity the candidate will support the space communication and encryption product line in development efforts for programs and IRAD projects.
- Hardware design of satellite communications systems, with an emphasis on COMSEC and RF designs
- Assist with the capture of next generation communications security business opportunities including development of concept whitepapers, technical solution conceptualization and proposal support
- Coordinate with system and design teams to ensure architecture meets intended requirements
- Prepare and present technical data at internal and customer reviews
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent required and 6+ years of industry experience or a Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and 4+ years of industry experience.
- 4+ years of experience with analog/digital circuit design, including high speed digital interfaces or digital design for FPGAs and embedded processors.
- 4+ years of experience with following hardware design processes and generating required documentation.
- 4+ years of experience in RF Communications waveforms and propagation.
- 4+ years of experience with IP/UDP packet protocols and mesh network routing
- Active Secret Security Clearance required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Experience designing and implementing government and commercial cryptographic functions in hardware.
- Knowledge of isolation requirements and implementation within the analog, digital, RF and power operating boundaries within subsystems.
- Knowledge of NSA certification requirements and processes.
- Experience with HyperLynx, SIPro or similar signal integrity design tools.
- Experience using schematic design tools, VHDL and firmware simulation tools.
- Experience with standard lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, and signal analyzers.
- Proven experience designing high reliability circuitry for space environments.
- Knowledgeable in HAIPE and KMI 3300 CMS packet exchange between ground and spaceborne nodes.
- Experience with MATLAB and synthesized code tools.
- Wired and Wireless secure networking.
- NSA training in Module Embedment, TEMPEST testing/certification or other security professional training/certifications.
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $110,500.00 - $180,00.00. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.