San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20210802-56257
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manufacturing Assembler
Job Location:San Diego, CA
Job Description: Assemble hardware of Space, Intel and Radio products using soldering iron, hotplate, crimping tools, torque drivers. Position requires the ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to read assembly drawings, BOM, wire list, engineering change orders, rework instructions, and process control instructions.
- Tinning of components using solder pot.
- Hand soldering of SMT, through-hole, fine pitch components, and wiring
- General clean up, epoxy, conformal coating.
- Mechanical assembly using torque driver and wedging tools.
- Good communication skill, both oral and written.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Plan and execute work schedules in conjunction of with hardware schedule requirements.
- Responsible for the manufacture of all hardware on one or more product lines.
- Lift 25lbs–50lbs of hardware with assistance (SCNC product line)
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- 1+ years' soldering and assembly experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Preference if candidates who are certified in J-STD-001 Class 3
- An active Secret/Top Secret clearance is preferred
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.