Manager, Quality Management
San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20213103-58979
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manager, Quality Management
Job Code: SAS20213103-58979
Job Location: San Diego, CA
The Quality Manager is responsible for leading the Quality Assurance and Quality System Management functions at the site. The Manager is additionally responsible for driving continual process and product improvement ensuring product and process integrity, leading to customer satisfaction and overall mission success while supporting division quality, delivery and cost targets. This is a hands-on, highly involved leadership position.
- Responsible for talent development and management of ~20 people with ~9 Quality Engineers and Quality Technicians directly reporting. Function is responsible for quality engineering (programs, hardware, supplier), quality inspection, quality training, quality system management, supplier quality, calibration and government property administration.
- Responsible for facilitating the resolution of technical challenges, ensuring successful tactical execution, as well as creating and implementing the strategic vision and organizational objectives for the Quality department.
- Works closely with the program teams and the functional organizations to ensure that all phases of the customer life cycle, from early proposal involvement through post-delivery support, meet the requirements for mission success.
- Ensures that manufacturing engineering, operations and design engineering interact sufficiently throughout the product planning and design phases to ensure a seamless hand-off during product transition to production.
- Develops and implements Quality plans and programs consistent with AS9100 and ISO 9001:2015 standards. Ensures that the department conforms to these principles.
- Improves the efficiency of the Quality organization through effective leadership, individual and group training, and process improvement.
- Leads large, far-reaching projects to drive process efficiency and improvement across functions.
- Collects and analyzes internal performance metrics to develop zero defect plans and reports to senior leadership on business performance including action plans to improve business execution and status of strategic initiatives.
- Builds a culture that reinforces compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and/or guidelines and internal command media.
- Manages Supplier performance for general materials and subcontracts including flow-down of quality requirements and verification of supplier compliance and performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 9 years of prior related experience or equivalent; or a graduate degree with a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience or equivalent.
- Experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations or Quality leadership experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of quality and reliability methods and procedures for hardware and software systems as they apply to the aerospace and electronics industry including software, electro-mechanical assembly and test.
- Lean Six Sigma green belt, black belt. ASQ and/or PMP certifications.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve timely results.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including communication, facilitation, consulting, coaching, and influencing
- Highly collaborative style, capable of working across multiple functional areas to drive results.
- Experience with Configuration Control management practices.
- Experience with J-STD and IPC standard implementation.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.