Lead, Systems Engineer
San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20212202-56985
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Systems Engineering
Job Code: SAS20212202-56985
Job Location: San Diego, CA
L3Harris is seeking a Lead System Engineer to join our talented team supporting the design and manufacturing of products that provide critical information anytime, anywhere. As a system engineer you will be directly involved in the design, integration, and test of advanced satellite communication links, digital telemetry, signal processing, and encryption technology.The successful candidate will perform design and architecture engineering functions with an emphasis in COMSEC design. In this capacity the candidate will support the space communication and encryption product line in development efforts for programs and IRAD projects. The candidate will contribute in a project team, capable of leading design teams, defining requirements, planning and executing project plans, design reviews and production release of modified or new products. The candidate will be responsible for leading the commercial and government certification effort, on both the algorithm code and hardware for NSA or FIPS-140 products. Must be able to complete project goals with minimum supervision. Ability to make formal presentations to senior decision makers including the ability to present complex technology in a positive manner. Travel (post-COVID) as required to support program and business opportunity identification and pursuit efforts.
- Assist with the capture of next generation communications security business opportunities including development of concept whitepapers, technical solution conceptualization and proposal support.
- Coordinate with design teams to ensure architecture and system design meets intended requirements
- Prepare and present technical data at internal and customer reviews
- BS degree in Engineering with 9+ years of industry experience with a detailed understanding of circuit design.
- Experience with common hardware design processes and documentation.
- Experience in RF Communications waveforms and propagation.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to work in a team environment and have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong background in data formatting and processing architectures with applicability to secure communications design.
- Experience with high speed digital design techniques, space certified and high reliability circuitry is also desired.
- Experience designing and implementing government and commercial cryptographic functions in hardware.
- Knowledge of isolation requirements and implementation within the analog, digital, RF and power operating boundaries within subsystems.
- Knowledge of NSA certification requirements and processes.
- Experience in digital circuit design, FPGA design and knowledge of common hardware design tools.
- Experience with HyperLinks or similar signal integrity design tools.
- Experience using schematic design tools, VHDL and firmware simulation tools.
- Experience with MatLab and synthesized code tools.
- Experience with standard lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, and signal analyzers.
- NSA training in the Module Embedment, TEMPEST testin/certification or other security professional training/certifications.
- Wired and Wireless secure networking.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.