Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Sr Communications Systems Engineer - (Secret Clearance)
San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20221207-86651
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Systems Engineering
Job Code: SAS20221207-86651
Job Location: San Diego, CA
L3Harris is seeking a Communications System Engineer to join our talented team supporting the design and manufacturing of products that provide critical information anytime, anywhere. As a system engineer you will be directly involved in the design, integration, and test of advanced satellite communication links, digital telemetry, signal processing, and encryption technology. Providing communication technology expertise, leadership and mentorship. Ability to synthesize new technology application concepts, and systems architecture developments. Ability to work with staff in preparation of program reviews, briefings, and technical reports. Effectively lead technology development teams in quick-reaction capability programs. Collaborate with engineering and business development staff to pursue new business opportunities for communications technology and systems integration. Contribute to preparation of technical proposals and coordination with business opportunity pursuit teams. Please review our posting and learn more about what L3Harris can offer you and your career!
- Lead development teams in defining requirements, system concepts and architectures
- Lead preparation and presentation of system requirements reviews
- Coordinate with design teams to ensure architecture and system design meets intended requirements
- Prepare and present technical data at internal and customer reviews
- Identify new opportunities to leverage L3Harris expertise and capabilities
- This position may require travel up to 10% of the time (post-COVID).
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, or similar technical degree (STEM) with at least 9 years of prior relevant experience, OR, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
- Active Secret security clearance is required
- Experience in Communications Design and Architecture
- Experience with project planning and proposal activities
- Experience preparing presentation materials, documentation, and presenting technical designs internally and customer facing
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience evaluating requirements and writing technical proposals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Experience in requirements definition and allocation, communications design of TT&C, wideband links and satellite to ground interface
- Cognizance of impacts of Information Assurance requirements on communications systems implementations
- Satellite link budget analysis
- Understanding of satellite CONOPS
- Experience with circuit design and math based tools (MatLab)
- Experience with standard lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, and signal analyzers
- An active Top Secret or TS/SCI clearance
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $120000 - $223000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.