Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead Program Manager
San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20231103-98247
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Program Manager
Job Code: SAS20231103-98247
Job Location: San Diego, CA
This position manages all phases of complex electronic developmental and production programs ranging in size from $500K to $100M, generally for Space or Encryption products.
• Own program performance and results from proposal through delivery and support
• Directly tracking and monitoring technical, contract, and cost performance to ensure requirements and budgets are being met
• Preparation of Program Plans including schedules, Statements of Work, Work Breakdown Structures and budgets Must be skilled in the development of baseline budgets, work packages and integrated schedules
• Manage subcontractors including development of Statements of Work, participating in source selection and monitoring subcontracted efforts
• Participate in and co-lead proposal efforts and contract negotiations May be required to lead a "Must Win" program proposal effort, including the development of Management Volumes, generating Basis of Estimates (BOE), and Cost Volume support
• Work with the Business Development organization to develop additional opportunities by leveraging current customers and programs
• Chair internal and customer program reviews
• Serve as the primary customer interface with responsibility for customer satisfaction while meeting all contractual and internal financial requirements including EVMS tracking when required
• Provide support to the Program Management Department in improvement updates of existing processes/procedures and in the generation of new processes/procedures, as required
• Interface primarily with major aerospace contractors and with supporting Government agencies
• Actively work to generate new business opportunities and develop a network of customers and connections
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience; Or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
• 3+ years' experience managing hardware development and production programs
• Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Active Secret Clearance
• Familiarity with high reliability parts programs
• Experience with RF Communication, Telemetry or Encryption products
• Direct program management experience with design and production of electronic products for DoD, preferably in Space, Telemetry or Encryption programs
• Ability to work effectively as the primary customer point of contact and the ability to interface internally and externally at all levels including senior management
• Proven track record as a team leader with a proactive approach to Program Management; willingness, ability and aptitude to take ownership of a program with minimal oversight
• Demonstrated experience in proposal preparation and business development
• Demonstrated success in increasing roles and responsibilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite of products
• Ability to develop/mentor other Program Managers and to direct and coach project engineers
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $120,000 - $223,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.