Lead, Program Management
San Diego, California
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: SENIOR
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Project Manager at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
L3Harris in Clifton, NJ has the most talented and dedicated Engineering team I have ever had the privilege of working with. The senior leadership is bought into our success and they are very open to all employee feedback. I enjoy working at L3Harris because I feel empowered and encouraged to make a difference.Program Manager, IDECM
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Lead, Program Management
Job Code: PMP5
Job Location:San Diego, CA
This position manages all phases of complex electronic developmental programs ranging in size from $500K to $100M, generally for Space, Telemetry or Encryption products.
- Own program performance and results from proposal through delivery and support.
- Directly tracking and monitoring technical, contract, and cost performance to ensure requirements and budgets are being met.
- Preparation of Program Plans including schedules, Statements of Work, Work Breakdown Structures and budgets. Must be skilled in the development of baseline budgets, work packages and integrated schedules.
- Manage subcontractors including development of Statements of Work, participating in source selection and monitoring subcontracted efforts.
- Participate in and co-lead proposal efforts and contract negotiations. May be required to lead a "Must Win" program proposal effort, including the development of Management Volumes, generating Basis of Estimates (BOE), and Cost Volume support.
- Work with the Business Development organization to develop additional opportunities by leveraging off of current customers and programs.
- Chair internal and customer program reviews.
- Serve as the primary customer interface with responsibility for customer satisfaction while meeting all contractual and internal financial requirements including EVMS tracking when required.
- Provide support to the Program Management Department in improvement updates of existing processes/procedures and in the generation of new processes/procedures, as required.
- Interface primarily with major aerospace contractors and with supporting Government agencies.
- Actively work to generate new business opportunities and develop a network of customers and connections.
Qualifications: (refer to http://my.harris.com/careerframework)
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Earned Value reporting and tracking.
- Familiarity with high reliability parts programs.
- Experience with RF Communication, Telemetry or Encryption products.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 3+ years' experience managing electronics development and production programs.
- Direct program management experience with design and production of electronic products for DoD, preferably in Space, Telemetry or Encryption programs.
- Ability to work effectively as the primary customer point of contact and the ability to interface internally and externally at all levels including senior management.
- Proven track record as a team leader with a proactive approach to Program Management; willingness, ability and aptitude to take ownership of a program with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrated experience in proposal preparation as defined above.
- Ability and desire to make a positive impact on this business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Ability to develop/mentor other Program Managers and to direct and coach project engineers
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.