Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead FPGA Design Engineer
San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20211810-71178
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead FPGA Design Engineer
Job Code: SAS20211810-71178
Job Location: San Diego, CA
L3Harris is seeking a Lead FPGA Engineer to join our talented team supporting the design and manufacturing of products that provide critical information anytime, anywhere. As an FPGA engineer you will be directly involved in the design, integration, and test of advanced satellite communication links, digital telemetry, signal processing, and encryption technology. Please review our posting and learn more about what L3Harris can offer you and your career!
- Decompose and allocate system and box-level requirements to FPGA requirements and specifications.
- Architect FPGA designs to meet requirements and specifications
- Develop VHDL code for module and top level and generate appropriate testbench and verification environments
- Develop FPGA simulations to verify performance and requirements, then integrate and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly.
- Lead small teams of engineers in executing FPGA development of highly reliable and robust FPGA designs.
- Support proposal efforts in the estimation and planning of end-to-end FPGA development.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 9 years of industry experience OR a Graduate Degree with 7 years of industry experience
- VHDL coding experience
- Experience with design and test of FPGA-based digital signal and baseband processing
- Experience with standard lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and signal generators
Preferred Additional Skills:
- An active Secret or TS/SCI clearance
- Experience reading and understanding electrical schematics for troubleshooting hardware
- Experience preparing presentation materials, documentation, and presenting technical designs internally and customer facing
- Experience with filtering, sample rate conversion, modulation, demodulation, tracking loops, gain control.
- Experience with verifying FPGA implementation against system models in MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with protocol conversions, packet synchronizers, and data validation
- Interface to hardware peripheral chips via SPI, I2C, JESD204
- Ability to combine communications system knowledge and VHDL experience
- Experience with 1553B, SpaceWire, XAUI, Serial RapidIO interfaces
- Experience with Xilinx and Microsemi development tools
- Experience with embedded processors
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform