L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: IPC Trainer
Job Code: SAS20202406-46937
Job Location: San Diego, CA
As an IPC Trainer / Electronics Inspector, your primary responsibility will be to train Assemblers, Technicians, Quality Inspectors and pertinent Engineers ("Operators") in the IPC-A-610, J-STD-001, IPC/WHMA-A-620 and IPC 7711/7721 policies and procedures. As time allows, you will also perform improvement initiatives.
- Maintain training matrix for Operations and Engineering personnel as it pertains to IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 certification requirements
- Provide the standardized set of industry developed, recognized, approved and traceable training programs in order to enhance understanding and appropriate application of criteria outlined in the IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 Standards
- Responsibilities include:
- Gathering of required training material
- Creation and dissemination of additional training documentation for specialized training (i.e., L3Harris specific processes, lifted pads, rework/repair, etc.)
- Development and execution of training schedules
- Ensure Operators maintain scheduled training to meet certification requirements
- Order and maintain supplies needed to conduct training, i.e., IPC certificates, IPC soldering kits, LCC components/boards, videos/visual aids, etc.
- Review, observe, and qualify the workmanship (demonstrated by completed training boards and materials) to the J-STD-001 acceptance criteria
- Provide spot training for Operators as workmanship defects occur
- Collaborate with Quality Manager to implement improvement opportunities (e.g., Zero Defect Plans, e3 Projects, Corrective Actions) throughout the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior experience within electronics manufacturing/inspection of PCBs, electronic assemblies, cable/wire harness assemblies and related technologies. OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience. OR equivalent experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Maintain certification as Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) for IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 (and supplements, i.e., "FS," at a minimum)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to instruct others in quality and manufacturing processes and procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook, at a minimum
- An active Secret clearance is preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.