Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Integration and Test Field Engineer
San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20212810-71775
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Integration and Test Field Engineer
We are currently seeking an Integration and Test Engineer for our Imperial Beach, CA location.
Responsible for performing the integration and/or test of all components, ensuring electrical and physical compatibility to meet program technical, schedule and cost objectives. In support of system design activities, responsible for test and/or integration of COTS-based electromechanical systems from the system design phase through development, documentation, installation and commissioning of the completed system. Integration responsibilities may include design, develop and implement integration plans for procedures for hardware, software, and facilities. Responsible for the physical and electrical compatibility of functional interfaces and first article product integration, ensuring seamless interface between the design and production of systems. Testing responsibilities may include analyzes requirements for testability issues. Develops and implements both hardware and software system level test programs, plans, specifications, procedures and customer acceptance. Plans and leads test working groups, test readiness reviews. Conducts testability and producibility analyses and reviews.
The UUV Integration and Test Engineer - Field will focus primarily on testing R&D platforms, sensor payloads and development of new UUV software behaviors. Daily activities will include product development testing, post-mission analysis, and factory acceptance testing of new production systems prior to customer delivery. In additional to being a strong marine operations specialist, the UUV I&T Engineer will also develop a strong hands-on relationship with existing Iver UUV operators, including active participation in field exercises, new UUV operator training and coordinating ongoing technical support.
- Assist in testing and validation of UUV payloads and behaviors
- Assist in integration and testing of new UUV payloads
- Assist in developing UUV product documentation.
- Assist in developing and validating UUV specifications
- Assist in developing and improving UUV training materials.
- Develop and verify customer specifications, conduct operator training, and participate as a company representative during demonstrations and field exercises with existing and potential new customers.
- Interface with customers on behalf of L3Harris OceanServer Engineering and Management.
- Provide input and recommendations for Internal Research and Development (IRAD) priorities and support business growth by researching and responding to customer solicitations.
- Provide operator level maintenance and rudimentary hardware tech support for Iver UUV's at customer site
- Ability to travel (US and International) approximately: 35%.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary
- or Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience
- or Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a secret level security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to lift and carry 50-lbs
- Comfort operating from a variety of vessels (10-feet to 50-feet in length)
- USCG Captain’s License (or ability to qualify for one within 18-months)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform