Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Group Lead, FPGA Engineer
San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20222205-82768
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Group Lead, FPGA Engineer
Job Code: SAS20222205-82768
Job Location: San Diego, CA
This self-motivated individual will participate on a team to develop FPGA Firmware in the Space Systems Sector within the Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) Segment of L3Harris. The SAS Segment provides critical mission solutions for space and airborne domains with defense, intelligence, and commercial applications. As an FPGA design engineer, you will be directly involved in the design, integration, and test of advanced satellite communication links, digital telemetry, signal processing, and encryption technology.
- Lead, direct, and review the work of direct reports to establish criteria for the development of quality work products.
- Provide functional leadership for six to eight engineers which includes assisting with staffing needs, helping with performance, career development, and mentoring activities, and acting as liaison between program and engineering leadership.
- Plan and establish goals and objectives for a team to directly impact short-term operational results of the organization.
- Support proposal efforts in the estimation and planning of end-to-end FPGA development.
- Decompose and allocate system and box-level requirements to FPGA requirements and specifications.
- Assist in architecting solutions against requirements and implement those solutions in various FPGA technologies or platforms.
- Follow, enforce, and refine consistent firmware development processes across FPGA designs.
- Synthesize designs to targeted technologies and perform constraint driven place and route and analysis.
- Generate design review and deliverable documentation including review packages, block diagrams, interface control documents, and test plans/procedures.
- Conduct design peer reviews at various phases in the development process.
- Ensure FPGA simulations verify performance, then integrate and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly.
- BS Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering with 6 years relevant experience or a Graduate Degree with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Experience with VHDL, the FPGA design process, and the tools used to generate the FPGA designs
- Experience building FPGAs with difficult timing and/or difficult routing constraints
- Experience with standard lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and signal generators
- Must be located in, or willing to relocate to, San Diego, CA for onsite work
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Secret or Top Secret security clearance
- Fundamental experience with, and a desire to perform management functions
- Designing for space environments
- Experience with communications/DSP systems
- Experience with verifying FPGA implementations against system models in MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with 1553B, SpaceWire, XAUI, JESD, I2C, SPI interfaces
- Experience with digital encryption schemes
- Experience with embedded processors
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.