FPGA Design Engineer
San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20211602-56702
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: FPGA Design Engineer
Job Code: SAS20211602-56702
Job Location: San Diego, CA
L3Harris is seeking a FPGA Engineer to join our talented team supporting the design and manufacturing of products that provide critical information anytime, anywhere. As an FPGA engineer you will be directly involved in the design, integration, and test of advanced satellite communication links, digital telemetry, signal processing, and encryption technology. Please review our posting and learn more about what L3Harris can offer you and your career!
- Understand and document requirements for FPGA designs
- Perform FPGA design: Architecture development, algorithm implementation, synthesizable VHDL code generation
- Perform FPGA design verification: Testbench development, scripting, VHDL simulation
- Generate design review and deliverable documentation including: review packages, block diagrams, interface control documents, and test plans/procedures.
- Conduct design peer reviews at various phases in the development process.
- Integrate and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly
- Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience OR a Graduate Degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with VHDL, the FPGA design process, and the tools used to generate the FPGA designs.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- An active Secret or TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with DSP theory and implementation
- Experience with SPI, I2C, 1553B, SpaceWire, XAUI, Serial RapidIO interfaces
- Experience with Xilinx and Microsemi development tools
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work alone and in a development group.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.