San Diego, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20211002-56451
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Facilities Technician
Job Code: SAS20211002-56451
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Under the general direction of the Facilities Manager, this is a hands-on position that requires the individual to oversee and respond to daily business needs related to Facilities. Position will be responsible for ensuring proper implementation of Facilities procedures, providing training related to Facilities to all employees, executing preventative maintenance activities, and maintaining associated records. Position will focus on ensuring a safe, clean, professional, and enjoyable work environment for all employees. This position on a daily bases will perform general building maintenance tasks such as preventive maintenance, office construction and renovation, carpentry, plumbing, electrical and painting. This position reports to the Manager, Facilities.
- Assure buildings are maintained in a safe, clean, professional, and operationally effective condition.
- Assign and manage daily work order assignments with input from other Facilities staff.
- Conduct internal audits, inspections, and other similar tasks to ensure continued effectivity of the Facilities programs
- Remain current with all applicable Facilities regulations and implement programs to ensure compliance. Implement programs to maintain conformance with Corporate policies and insurance requirements.
- Work with contractors to ensure effective risk mitigation and job execution, including the implementation of contractor safety oversight programs.
- Provides direction to assigned staff with responsibility for maintaining all facility required environmental permitting, plan development, reporting and inspection activities.
- Lead or assist with applicable Facilities and regulatory inspections, external audits, customer audits, and internal audits.
- Lead or assist with injury and illness investigation activities related to Facilities to assure effective root cause and corrective actions.
- Participate in annual budget and capital expenditure preparation activities.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of capital expenditure requests.
- Performs other similar tasks as required and assigned.
- Coordinates the implementation of preventative maintenance program; analyzes and oversees the operation, maintenance, and repair of buildings
- Preferred Journeyman Electrician – installation and troubleshoot 480V 3-phase distribution and motor control.
- HVAC- ability to operate EMS
- Maintain & update building drawings (AutoCAD)
- Have PC skills to complete work orders from Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience; or, 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- 2+ years’ experience working as a Facilities Technician
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Hazardous Waste Operations Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
- DOT Certification
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Certification from a related trade institution
- AutoCad knowledge
- Experience with working in Facilities role
- Willing to work as part of a team
- May be required at times to work alone
- Must be flexible to adapt to work changes daily
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends on occasion
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.